Details: Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has.
Environment California Development Director
We’re looking for a highly qualified, driven and passionate candidate to help us deepen our relationship with a selection of Environment California’s current and potential donors.
Mission and Background:
Environment California is a policy and action group with tens of thousands of supporters across the state. Our mission is to protect clean air, clean water and open space. Environment California just won our campaign to commit California to generating 100 percent of our electricity from clean, renewable sources by 2045. We’ve also reduced plastic pollution flowing into the Pacific Ocean, we’ve stopped oil drilling and blocked efforts to expand fracking, and protected our parks and beaches and forests throughout the state.
But our state still has far more environmental problems than it should tolerate, and more solutions than we are using. That’s why we’re hiring right now. Environment California is part of The Public Interest Network, home to a network of organizations across the country that also includes CALPIRG, the California Public Interest Research Group.
As our Development Director, you’ll work with the Environment California team to deepen the financial and political support of a selection of our top supporters. You’ll do one-on-one meetings with existing and prospective supporters, organize small gatherings and larger events, and keep in touch with our top supporters over the course of the year.
- Hold at least 100 one-on-one meetings with current or prospective members over the course of the year to ask them to deepen their financial support.
- Identify house party hosts, and in some cases, plan and implement events.
- Meet specific monthly fundraising performance benchmarks related to annual organizational fundraising goals.
- Keep in touch with donors throughout the year, creating and sending at least six personalized updates.
- Engage donors in program and organizational work, such as events or campaign actions.
- Organize two to three events over the course of the year to help us tell the story of our work to an audience of donors, allies, and opinion leaders in the state.
Provide Member Feedback to Program Staff
- Work with program staff to craft compelling campaign stories to our members.
- Relay the feedback of members you meet with back to program staff.
- Implement daily, weekly and monthly systems for tracking income and expenses.
- Maintain excellent notes on all contacts with and information about members and donors.
The Development Director will participate in an intensive, paid training program for the first week of the job, which is immediately followed by the first 1-month fundraising cycle. You’ll take part in additional state, regional and national trainings and meetings throughout the year. There are opportunities for travel and advancement.
We are looking for smart and motivated college graduates who care about protecting our environment as much as we do, believe in and love fundraising, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have some previous fundraising experience. Candidates must also demonstrate a track record of being able to effectively work independently.
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. Environment California offers a competitive benefits package.
Apply online at https://jobs.environmentamerica.org/apply.html?utm_source=idealist&utm_medium=web-ad&utm_campaign=AMEfall2018&utm_term=272&utm_content=LAT_P_10-19 Direct your cover letter to Kyle Larson, Hiring Director.
Visit https://jobs.environmentamerica.org/core-values.html to learn what you should know about the us before you apply.
Environment California is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
Environment California will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Environment California offers a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required