10 Lincoln Center Plaza
The New York Philharmonic seeks a Director, Corporate Sponsorships to partner with Director of Special Gifts to set strategy for corporate fundraising for the New York Philharmonic at home and abroad.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Actively identify and solicit corporate sponsors for New York Philharmonic concerts, festivals and Galas, education programs, international tours, and community outreach activities.
- Oversee maintenance of existing corporate relations including the execution of contract deliverables and fulfillment, key communications to internal stakeholders, invitations, ticketing and hospitality, brand inclusion, placement and awareness, photos and visibility, and proof of performance reporting.
- Research and understand priorities of corporations to create proposals.
- Network and develop strong relationships with key decision makers within corporations.
- Manage and maintain up to date database files.
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7- 10 years of corporate sponsorship, sales or business development experience with a proven track record of quantifiable selling success. An entrepreneurial approach to prospect identification and cultivation and excellent communications and negotiation skills are essential. Strong problem-solving, time management, ability to multi-task, and outstanding writing skills are also needed. Excellent computer and database management skills with strong knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Tessitura is key. An enthusiasm for classical music is helpful.
Founded in 1842, the New York Philharmonic is the oldest symphony orchestra in the United States, and one of the oldest in the world. Each season the Philharmonic connects with up to 50 million music lovers through live concerts in New York City and on its worldwide tours and residencies as well as with its digital recording series; international broadcasts on television, radio, and online; and as a resource through its varied education programs and expansive digital archive.
The New York Philharmonic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, long term disability insurance, generous vacation and sick days, 403(B) plan match, commuter benefits, and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.