151 Lawrence Street
Responsible for assisting with the preparation of financial statements and support schedules according to Edwin Gould timelines.
Essential Generic Job Functions:
- Process daily cash receipts; ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensure items in the Accounts Receivable Ledger are posted accurately against all aged entries.
- Adhere to department current procedures and enforcing all controls as outlined in policy manual.
- Support the entire finance department where and whenever needed.
- Assist with preparation of audit sampling package for external & internal audits
- Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaids; analyzing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Other projects as assigned
Contacts: Engage with finance and program staff to establish a professional relationship at all times.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- 4 year Accounting or Business related degree required. Recent college graduates encouraged to apply
- MINIMUM (1) year of experience in related environment
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees,
- Strong computer skills including working with client management databases, especially Excel and various billing and accounting systems.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter via the recruitment portal link provided.