Details: Salary and benefits: Mothers Out Front offers a competitive salary and benefits package and salary is commensurate with experience.
Director of Operations
Mothers Out Front is seeking a dynamic and motivated Director of Operations to implement and oversee the infrastructure and systems needed to support our fast growing, mission-driven organization. As the Director of Operations you will be responsible for the oversight of administrative and financial systems, including human resources, finance, accounting, information technology, and our virtual office environment.
About Mothers Out Front:
Mothers Out Front builds our power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate change work by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together on campaigns in their communities and at the statewide level. We are a member-led, national organization that is growing quickly. We are building a diverse national movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers who, working together, are an unstoppable force for change! We are deeply committed to working most closely with those communities who suffer the injustices of climate change and fossil fuel use today and have been historically marginalized.
Founded in 2013, this year’s operating budget is $3.7m. We currently have staff currently working in eight states and are a fast growing organization with no plans of slowing down.
As the Director of Operations, you will provide strategic guidance and hands-on management across human resources, finance, administration, and IT. This is an opportunity to build and refine the systems and team to support a passionate and entrepreneurial organization.
You should be people and relationship-oriented, organized, comfortable juggling multiple tasks and responsibilities, culturally competent, strong at process management, and a creative problem-solver.
Your responsibilities will include:
Human Resources: Oversee the HR function for Mothers Out Front to build a staff culture that is rooted in equity and inclusion, ensure that we hire and retain a diverse and high-performing staff, and are in compliance across our many states.
Administration: Provide the vision and oversight for a virtual office environment that enables and encourages collaboration, innovation, and learning.
Manage all aspects of finance and budgeting for Mothers Out Front working collaboratively with our outsourcing partner to be sure that the systems are in place to support the work as we grow in size and complexity. Specifically you will:
Information Technology: Ensure that the technology we are using is effective and in-sync with our needs now and as we grow.
What we’re looking for in you:
- At least 10 years of experience in human resources, finance, administrative, or operations roles with increasing levels of responsibility and complexity.
- Experience in working in a nonprofit or campaign setting. Bonus if you worked at member-led organizations with a focus on grassroots organizing or movement building.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a flexible and collaborative style. An ability to thrive in a dynamic, goal-oriented, fast-paced, campaign-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to working with people from a variety of backgrounds, especially ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds. It’s also helpful if you have experience working with people from different religious, education, generational, and gender identity backgrounds as well as those with physical disabilities and from the LGBTQ community.
- Strong administrative skills, ideally including experience with databases, setting up efficient systems, and budget monitoring.
- Ability to create and implement systems to increase efficiency and facilitate processes.
- Highly organized, with a track record of meeting short and long-term responsibilities in a fast- paced, deadline-driven organization.
- Outstanding ability to plan, prioritize and execute with excellent judgment and efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills
- A passion for climate justice and addressing climate change.
- Experience working with non-profit, multi-state, and/or virtual organizations a plus.
- Previous experience working within a small organization that scaled in complexity and personnel preferred.
- Experience with Google Suite, Intaact, PayChex payroll and HRIS systems, and/or Bill.com a plus
Details: Mothers out Front is a virtual organization. You can be based anywhere in the United States, with a preference for candidates in NY, MA, VA, or CA and you will work from a home office. You will report to our Executive Director. This a full-time position.
For a more detailed version of the job description, please visit our website:
Benefits include health and dental benefits, a 401(k) plan, flexible spending plan, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and support for remote work set-up. We offer ongoing training opportunities, a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive, and collaborative setting and we are proudly women-led!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title of the job in the subject line. Please include where you heard about the position. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Mothers Out Front is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are especially welcome and encouraged to apply.