Tides envisions a world of shared prosperity and social change founded on equality & human rights, healthy individuals & communities, a sustainable environment, and quality education for all. Tides accelerates the pace of social change, working with innovative partners to solve society’s toughest problems. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
The Benefits Specialist will provide administrative and project support for employee benefits for close to 1000 employees across the Tides Network, Tides Center and Tides Advocacy entities. The Benefits Specialist will also support benefits related data entry, reporting, client support, and vendor coordination. Based in San Francisco, the Benefits Specialist is an exempt position and will work as an integral part of the HR department supporting internal teams and fiscally sponsored clients. The ideal candidate for this position will uplift and embody Tides core values -Respect, Accountability, Creativity, Equity and Empowerment -in all areas of work and engagement with team members and partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Respond to benefits questions and requests for information.
· Review and approve all benefits enrollments and transactions in ADP, ensuring accuracy of data, adequate documentation, and that enrollments meet all eligibility requirements.
· Stay abreast of Tides benefits program offerings and plan requirements. Maintain a deep understanding of how they work and ability to explain them clearly to others.
· Ensure high level of benefits data integrity. Review benefits data to ensure employees are aligned with the appropriate plans and conduct on-going data monitoring and troubleshooting for accuracy and consistency.
· Support the Benefits Manager in communicating and coordinating relationships with benefits brokers and partners.
· Plan and coordinate the annual Open Enrollment process to facilitate timely benefits plan renewals and changes.
· Produce annual compensation statements.
· Administer Leave Tracking and Workers Compensation programs and processes.
· Promote and coordinate annual wellness events such as the health fair and flu shot clinic.
· Support Benefits Manager with administration and reporting for 401K plans and audits.
· Partner with the Finance Department to facilitate timely vendor payments, financial information sharing, and department purchases.
· Assist with troubleshooting/researching to resolve various benefits or claim issues as they arise.
· Support the Benefits Manager with department projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated professionalism with a strong customer service orientation. Able to handle employee requests with patience, diplomacy and a problem-solving approach.
· A track record of providing excellent benefits administration support to internal teams and clients.
· Comfortable establishing and maintaining boundaries and compliance related to benefits policies and procedures.
· Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage different processes efficiently and with high degrees of accuracy and completeness.
· Flexible, with the ability to shift gears and roll with changes as needs evolve.
· Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high volume environment. Comfortable seeking answers when help is needed.
· Highly proactive and responsive with strong organizational skills a track record of follow-through. Accountable for delivering high-quality, timely, and effective results.
· Effectively communicates with co-workers and other team members. Able to speak clearly and persuasively regarding sometimes challenging benefits matters
· Ability to review systems and procedures and to make suggestions to improve department process or increase efficiencies.
· Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information with good judgement, tact and discretion.
Education & Experience:
· Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or equivalent work experience.
· 2-4 years of HR or benefits administration experience in high touch environments. Experience with workers compensation and leave administration programs highly desirable. Some understanding of payroll and accounting a plus.
· 2-4 years HRIS experience. Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now highly desired.
· Advanced Excel user with solid experience using formulas, report writing and VLookUps.
· Salesforce experience is a plus.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Tides envisions a world of shared prosperity and social change founded on equality & human rights, healthy individuals & communities, a sustainable environment, and quality education for all. Tides…