Position: Operations Administrator
Purpose: This role will provide administrative support for the ministry of Bellevue First United Methodist Church. They will play a critical role in regular team meetings, church operations, ministry and event planning, church communication and marketing, and other essential administrative functions. (This is a non-supervisory position)
Our Organization: Bellevue First United Methodist Church is a small, progressive, open and affirming, intergenerational community, located close to downtown Bellevue. As an inclusive community, we exclude no one based on their gender and gender expression, sexual orientation, race, socioeconomic background, ability, or religion. Our community is where we join with others to do the work that Jesus set before us: to love one another and play a role in transforming the world.
Hours: 16-20 hours per week (est. office hours of 9:30am -2:30pm, Monday through Thursday
Wages: Est. $22 per hour
Reports to: Lead Pastor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide administrative support to the Lead Pastor, Church Staff, and volunteer church leaders and committees.
- Manage Church files, communications, Church directory, calendars, and other administrative resources.
- Coordinate and produce weekly email newsletter, and additional physical and digital mailings. Assist with other printed materials as needed.
- Attend weekly team meetings with an eye-towards providing superior administrative support to events, ministries, and other church efforts.
- Maintain and update Church website, social networks, and other web pages.
- Coordinate building use for Church-related programs.
- In coordination with Church Trustees, manage essential building functions.
- Manage onboarding for all new hire employees. Including administering background checks, I-9 verification, and managing employee files
- Maintain and organize all church office spaces, supplies and monitor functionality and effectiveness of office equipment.
- Greet, assist and provide superior service to church members, vendors and visitors as directed by the Lead Pastor (in-person work currently on hold).
- Coordinate and manage the purchases of office supplies, church equipment, parish supplies, and staff supply and equipment needs.
- Manage and update online Church database (Breeze ChMS) and google drive account.
- Assist with annual Church audits and reporting.
- Assist with credit card purchase reconciliation.
- Attend meetings and relevant trainings, as required.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
(Any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience.)
Education: Associate degree in business or Church administration or related field, or equivalent work experience will be considered.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year administrative or office management experience. Work or volunteer experience in a Church preferred.
Values: As a progressive Christian Church, we are looking for someone whose personal values resonate with our Church mission and vision of transforming the world in the ways of Jesus. We uphold a progressive image of the teachings of Jesus and strive to lead ministries that are open and supportive to all people, especially those historically marginalized by institutional religion.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, ability to prioritize, and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with a variety of webtools for website and database management, events registration, graphic design, and cloud storage.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt and interact effectively at all levels of the organization, including multi-generational Church members, peers, community partners, and the general public.
- Proven track record of effective time management, taking initiative, working independently, and delivering results.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness.
- High integrity and sound judgment in decision-making, upholding discretion with confidential matters and sensitive information
- Strong customer service orientation, relationship building, critical thinking, creative problem solving, and collaboration skills.
- Advanced level of proficiency with full MS Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.) as well as strong familiarity with ZOOM.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org