27 Centre Street
Job Summary: The Accounting Manager is responsible for the budget management, contracts and grant compliance. As a member of the senior management team, the Accounting Manager contributes to the overall leadership and direction of the organization.
Supervises: Full-time Bookkeeper
- Prepare financial reports and related fiscal management tools (i.e. budgets, balance sheets, income statements, etc.) on a regular and as needed basis
- Design and implement reporting procedures to comply with contract requirements
- Obtain proper insurance coverage on all organizational assets and other areas of potential liabilities and review insurance coverage to ensure adequate coverage and competitive pricing.
- Maintain staff personnel files, conduct staff orientations and ensure organizational compliance with board approved personnel policies.
- Oversee all payroll and fringe benefit matters and ensure compliance with all employment laws, state regulations and federal requirements.
- Prepare cash flow projections, oversee cash flow management and advise Executive Director of cash position
- Prepare budgeting control for all programs
- Oversee all fiscal duties of property management, negotiation with prospective tenants, lease preparation, insurance coverage, rent collection, mortgage and loan payments, utilities, taxes and abatements
- Develop and maintain relationships with lending officers
- Work with Executive Director and the Construction Manager in the process of acquiring properties
- Attend Board meetings and work directly with the Board Finance Committee
- Participate in the formation of long-range goals and administration of organization policies
- Provide clear and consistent supervision for Bookkeeper and implement staff development plans
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and trainings
- Adhere to all personnel policies and contractual agreements
- Accept additional responsibilities as needed after assessment, evaluation and mutual agreement is established with Executive Director
- Work with program managers to build budgets, assign youth to specific grants, submit quarterly reports and occasionally lead financial literacy workshops with youth
- 11 paid holidays
- Life Insurance
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume attention Ken Smith, Executive Director at email@example.com.