CameroonONE is an organization that practices family-preservation methods in The Republic of Cameroon. We assume the role of foster care from the state by removing orphaned children from their orphanages and placing them in the households of surviving family members at the village level though a process that we call Transition to Home. We then sponsor all of the educations, health care, and caretaker support needed to strengthen the family unit so that they can take on the responsibilities of their relatives. CameroonONE: http://www.cameroonone.org
In this newly created role you will work take lead of the Fundraising and Development team and play the leading role in development and CameroonONE's philanthropy strategy. You will be responsible for establishing enduring relationships and building a sustainable income for our projects. You will recruit and manage interns and volunteers and support their activities.
This is a volunteer position intended for grad students or recent graduates looking to gain experience in Nonprofit Management or expand on their CV. You will get the opportunity to manage an international NGO for the period of one year. This position does offer opportunities for compensation.
- Research and identify potential funding opportunities and profiles
- Create and maximize appropriate giving mechanisms and donor benefit packages
- Manage a portfolio of philanthropic supporters
- Produce regular reports on each project status and donors
- Provide materials to our field teams
- Manage CameroonONE volunteers and interns
You have a significant track record in major donor fundraising from a leading NGO, cultural or education institution and can demonstrate that your efforts are strategic and result in significant donations and grants. You provide excellent donor care and cultivation and understand the importance of relationships in fundraising:
- Developing effective soliciting and stewarding tools, mapping the donor journey
- Working collaboratively in a target driven environment
- Deep understanding of best practice major gift strategies
- Passionate about child welfare and a genuine interest in working with CameroonONE
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resume/CV firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line: Project Management. This is a remote position and applicants can apply nationwide.
Minimum Education Required