1140 3rd Street Northeast
District of Columbia
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, energetic and collaborative team player to join our small, quickly growing team. This full time position will directly support the Executive Director and Program Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and make recommendations on a new Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) and implement and oversee the new system
- Organize and update our existing database and ensure all contacts are recorded accurately into the new CRM system
- Manage the individual donor program and oversee donor stewardship
- Coordinate all communication with current donors and prospects
- Manage prospect list and fundraising timeline/pipeline
- Conduct grant prospecting and create annual grant application calendar with deadlines and forecasts
- Assist Program Officer in drafting LOI and grant proposals
- Organize and run weekly fundraising meetings
- Draft and monitor budgets
- Process invoices and wires; prepare consultant agreements and modifications; initiate payments to partners
- Liaise with Batonga’s accounting firm to manage records and coordinate payroll, healthcare, tax filings and financial transactions as needed
- Manage NGO records and essential documentation
- Manage Batonga’s paper and electronic mail and draft responses when appropriate
- Perform basic office management functions for team including supply inventory and procurement
- Establish and maintain organized systems for paper and electronic files, mail, contacts, meeting notes, travel documents and other administrative documents
- Arrange meetings and coordinate travel logistics for staff
- Compose, type and proofread materials
- Establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is important.
- Flexible, dynamic, extremely detail oriented with a high level of efficiency in scheduling and overseeing work flow.
- Ability to learn quickly and anticipate the needs of others.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take a problem-solving approach when faced with challenging or difficult situations.
- Identify and use resources effectively and responsibly.
- Previous experience in a similar role strongly preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Fundraising or development experience required strongly preferred
- Bookkeeping experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to work under pressure on tight deadlines.
- Positive, energetic, assertive, can-do attitude, resourceful nature, and excellent problem-solving capabilities
- A collaborative team player
- Adaptable - able to work in complex, unfamiliar and changing environments
- Self-starter - confident and proactive
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. The Batonga Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our team!
Batonga values our employees' health, happiness, and work/life balance. We currently offer:
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- Free on-site fitness center with showers 24/7
- Free access to bikes
- Outdoor rooftop patio access 24/7
- Flexible hours
- Free tea and coffee 24/7
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
Minimum Education Required