Position Summary: The Scholarship Coordinator will lead the Hunter College Foundation effort to ensure that private scholarships are matched, awarded, and stewarded in a timely and effective manner. In close coordination with members of the Institutional Advancement team and the Office of Student Affairs and Financial Aid, the Scholarship Coordinator will ensure an ongoing and productive line of communication between all the key departments and staff members who are part of the gift and scholarship awarding process. In addition the scholarship coordinator with be charged with streamlining some of the stewardship process by creating template materials and other efficient methods.
The candidate must be a self-starter and excellent communicator through both verbal and written word. Some experience and a general understanding of academic institutions and the financial aid process is preferred.
Full Time, HCF employee
Reports to Assistant Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
Key Duties of this Position:
· Under the supervision and in close coordination with the AVP of Institutional Advancement oversee the annual scholarship awarding and stewardship process. This includes:
o Making sure the list of scholarships and donors are up to date and accurate with all relevant information
o Work closely with the financial aid team to match and receive information on scholarship recipients
o Create easy to use templates for general scholarships and common gifts
o Review and edit letters from students to donors
o Draft stewardship reports and letters to donors
o Create full calendar of benchmarks for the scholarship stewardship process
· When appropriate – take advantage of stewardship opportunities such as touring donors through campus, invites to events, sharing of updates and articles with donors, etc.
· Working with Student Affairs to make sure student awards are allocated and disbursed in a timely manner each year
· Assist with administrative and special projects as needed
· Attend events as needed
· Must be proficient in Raiser’s Edge, Word, and Excel (MS Office)
Position Summary: The Scholarship Coordinator will lead the Hunter College Foundation effort to ensure that private scholarships are matched, awarded, and stewarded in a timely and effective manner. In close coordination with members of…