Deputy Director, Performance Improvement
- Job posted by National Association of Community Health Centers
Details: Commensurate with experience
7501 Wisconsin Avenue
The Deputy Director, Performance Improvement will lead Quality Center efforts around clinical and quality measures and performance. Ability to design and execute quality improvement and translational research projects, including current projects focused on diabetes. Lead project design, ongoing project management, learning activities, and reporting. Focus Quality Center around the performance components of health center clinical, quality, and transformation. Engage with national partners and stakeholders around performance metrics. Oversee Quality Center data strategy and project evaluations. Provide oversight, quality review and analysis of incoming data for Quality Center projects. Work at the national, state and local levels, including coordination and building of partnerships and programs with Primary Care Associations (PCAs) and Health Center Controlled Networks (HCCNs). Work within and across NACHC divisions and CAD staff to insure alignment with NACHC and CAD strategic goals.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Performance Improvement
- Data Analytics
- Critical health issues: diabetes, obesity, HTN, cancer screening, and depression.
- Quadruple Aim: improved population health, improved patient and workforce experience, and reduced costs
- Value Transformation in support of the Quadruple Aim
- National collaboration and partnerships in support of quality and performance improvement
- HRSA Quality Improvement Strategy
- Advance the Quality Center’s strategic efforts around performance improvement.
- Develop quality and performance metrics for the Value Transformation Framework and its efforts to support health centers in practice transformation.
- Provide expertise to develop and sustain performance improvement in the Quality Center and across the Clinical Affairs Division.
- Support work with health centers in process improvement and development of enhanced workflows to drive performance improvement.
- Lead project design, ongoing project management, learning activities, and reporting, including current projects focused around diabetes.
- Develop programs that align with, and support, health center achievement of HRSA Quality Awards.
- Work collaboratively with the Quality Center’s Deputy Director in leading and coordinating quality improvement and performance improvement initiatives.
- Support the creation of a national recognition program for Elevate and the Value Transformation Framework.
- Manage programs and services offered to PCA/HCCN QI Coaches in support of the HRSA/BPHC Quality Improvement Strategy and Quadruple Aim.
- Perform literature searches and develop evidence reviews to support the Value Transformation Framework.
- Monitor adherence to funder expectations on deliverables, reports, and budgets.
- Assist in grant writing, reports, collecting and documenting deliverables, and monitoring invoices.
- Ensure products delivered on time and of high quality.
Evaluation & Data Analysis
- Lead Quality center efforts around clinical and quality measures and performance.
- Develop evaluation plans for Quality Center projects as well as overall Center activities.
- Develop and prepare Quality Center scorecards and dashboards showing project performance and trends.
- Stay current on national quality and measure standards (NQF, HEDIS, NCQA) and design strategies for Quality Center alignment, as needed.
- Partner with PCAs and HCCNs for alignment in support of systems transformation and population health, advancing the Quality Center’s Value Transformation Framework.
- Advance NACHC PCMH support for PCA/HCCN QI Coaches and health centers.
- Liaise with internal NACHC divisions as a resource for the Quality Center.
- Represent NACHC with other organizations and agencies as directed by the Quality Center Director and Chief Medical Officer.
- Work with CAD and NACHC communication staff to insure efficient and effective internal and external communication regarding Quality Center activities and results.
- Support Quality Center Advisory Panels, Committees, and Networks.
Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree (a focus or certifications in Quality, Performance, Project Management or Informatics a plus).
- Clinical background preferred.
- Masters degree with at least 5 years experience in project management and quality and performance improvement.
- Expertise in practice transformation and quality improvement.
- Strong program management skills.
- Experience in evidence-based writing.
- Ability to interpret and communicate outcomes of research studies.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams under strict deadlines.
- Co-author of quality peer-reviewed publications, a plus.
- Experience with health clinic workflow and operations.
Minimum Education Required