5235 West Belden Avenue
hristopher House (CH) seeks a Family Advocate who understands the importance of a parent as their child’s first teacher and is excited to partner with parents to maximize their child’s success in school, workplace, and life.
With a mission to develop independent, creative, lifelong learners, our infant,preschool, elementary, and family schools build a community of students,teachers, and parents committed to excellence, achievement and perseverance,respect and compassion, and equality of opportunity.
Christopher House partners with parents to provide a continuum of education for student sfrom birth through high school, as well as immersive family supports that help parents create stable, self-sufficient families. We operate accredited early learning, elementary, and out of school time programs grounded in research-based curricula and high-quality instruction.
Children and families thrive when:
- Education begins at birth and continues throughout life, with parents as a child’s first teacher;
- Home environments nurture literacy, achievement, and children’s success;
- Parents have high standards and set high expectations for themselves, their children, and children’s schools;
- Professionally trained teachers know their students as individuals;
- Evaluations and program improvements are data driven;
- Parents and staff work together to continuously evaluate and improve programming;
- Education includes the development of creativity and perseverance and is multi-disciplinary in order to foster each child’s unique strengths and interests;
- Developing independent,creative, life-long researchers, education must include curriculum designed to help scholars develop socially and emotionally as well as cognitively;
- Diversity is celebrated and explored so that learners develop broad perspectives on life and learning; and
- Parents and caregivers support their children financially and emotionally.
- Build quality relationships with Christopher House Parents
- Provide optimal support and services for families and children in the Early Childhood Development Services (ECDS) programs.
- Ensure families participating in the ECDS programs receive integrated, timely, appropriate and comprehensive services based on individual family assessments. Provide services that are culturally sensitive in a respectful manner, ensuring client confidentiality at all times.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a successful recruitment action plan to achieve site’s full enrollment. Participate in community events to promote Christopher House’s programs and services.
- Complete required paperwork. Maintain health records. Complete family assessments, Family Partnership Agreements, referrals for services, monthly visits, group meetings,etc. Communicate requirements to parents; ensure all health and dental records are obtained in a timely manner.
- Assist program administration in meeting the parental involvement requirement responsibilities: contacting parents regarding program activities,assisting in the organization of meetings, etc. Serve as liaison between families and program, interpreting agency and program policies to parents and families.
- Maintain accurate records, including multiple databases as well as paper files (databases include COPA and ETO), as required by funding agencies and maintain compliance with funder’s requirements.
- Strong alignment with Christopher House’s Values and Mission;
- Strong work ethic coupled with a proactive problem-solving approach;
- Experience working in subsidized or publicly funded programs.
- Computer literate and knowledge of database programs. Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse socioeconomic and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to work some evening and weekends required.
- Bilingual is required (English/Spanish)
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, or a related field. Coursework related to working with families is required.
If you are interested in the following position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Christopher House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send application to email@example.com