District of Columbia
We seek a dynamic leader who is passionate about making a difference, possess exceptional execution and analytical skills, and thrives in an entrepreneurial, global setting. We are in the midst of an exciting chapter of growth and ambitious plans. Join the adventure to help catalyze social impact!
IDinsight is an international development consulting organization that helps policymakers and managers make socially impactful decisions using rigorous evidence. We carefully tailor a wide range of analytical and quantitative tools to enable our clients to design better policies, rigorously test those ideas, and take informed action at scale to improve lives. Our services include experimental evaluation methodologies tailored to the priorities of international development decision-makers, monitoring and performance management systems to facilitate continuous data-driven improvement, policy design consulting and scale-up support. Our advisory teams are closely integrated into client organizations, and we strive to provide comprehensive support for clients who want to maximize their social impact through evidence-based policymaking. IDinsight’s vision is to improve millions of lives by transforming how the social sector innovates, learns and improves.
Our diverse client portfolio includes national Ministries across Africa, the World Bank, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, GiveWell/Good Ventures, the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog), state governments in India, and many international NGOs and innovative social businesses. We work across a range of sectors, including governance, health, education, energy, agriculture, and sanitation.
Please see the IDinsight website for more information on our story, services, values, and team. IDinsight works in India, Southeast Asia, and East and Southern Africa.
About the HR Generalist role
Our Global Operations team is the jet fuel to create and maintain a uniquely dynamic and high-achieving multi-cultural, multi-continental team at the cutting edge of how evidence is used to improve global development programs. This team’s mandate is to attract top talent, create the best place to thrive at work, and build the systems to allow IDinsight teams to achieve social impact. Crucially, the team will manage IDinsight’s exponential growth over the next two years, from 125 staff in 5 global offices to a team of 200+, opening ~3 new global offices. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Global Operations and work with our country offices.
The HR Generalist will be responsible for:
- Conducting informational and screening interviews
- Supporting coordination and execution of recruitment activities (campus visits, application screening, interview management, reference checks, etc.)
- Creating offer letter templates
- Compensation reviews, including cost of living adjustments
- Maintaining Global Employee Handbook and policy updates
- Coordinating on and offboarding logistics
- HRIS optimization
- Benefits enrollment and termination
- Calculating payroll deductions
- Ensuring HR compliance in the U.S. and globally
Is it YOU we’re looking for?
We are building a team that is full of ideas, knows a great organization and culture when they see it, intensely focused on their mandate, and “do it, get it done” types who are bought into IDinsight’s vision to change the world through better social sector decisions. Our Global Operations Team members will have a proven track record and commitment to the tasks at hand.
We are currently hiring for an HR Generalist with 3-5 years of work experience. Desired qualifications include:
- Passionate about global development and social impact;
- People-focused and people-facing, with high levels of empathy and desire to listen to and share in teammates’ victories, concerns, and needs;
- Strong ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality in complex situations;
- Detail-oriented and able to take a task from high-level strategic idea to rapid execution with a large amount of autonomy;
- Demonstrated track record as a self-starter and leader, including comfort with ambiguity and dynamic environments and work streams;
- High level of conscientiousness and attention to detail – finishes work to completion;
- Strong communicator in multiple fora (written communications, public speaking, teamwork and upward management);
- Strong desire for professional growth and development, with track record of openness to give and receive feedback;
- Ability to work with international, cross-cultural, and diverse teams;
- Desire to travel both domestically and internationally (~10%);
- Preference for SHRM qualification.
There is potential for upward career progression on this team, as well as long-term opportunities to utilize this experience to transition into other industries, or go to graduate school. We hope to invest in outstanding professionals who will become the backbone of our Global Operations team for a minimum two year commitment. We welcome you to submit an application and help us shepherd IDinsight through this unique and exciting period of exponential organizational growth.
Nuts and Bolts
Location and compensation will be discussed once we locate the right fit teammates for our role. Location of this position is flexible, with full-time/part-time and remote/work from home options. Slight preference for the Washington DC area. Compensation will be competitive with comparable social sector roles, and commensurate with experience and track record. Start dates are flexible for the right candidate; immediate start is possible.
Please click the "Apply for this job online" button top right. The application ask various questions in order for us to get to know you, and requires a CV and cover letter. Applications are rolling and considered as they are submitted. Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click the "Apply for this job online" button in the link. The application ask various questions in order for us to get to know you, and requires a CV and cover letter. Applications are rolling and considered as they are submitted. Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.