Staff Litigation & Policy Attorney
- Job posted by Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER)
Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER) is a national, nonprofit service organization assisting federal, state, local and tribal professionals - scientists, attorneys, land managers, rangers and other specialists - dedicated to upholding environmental laws and values. PEER protects those who protect our environment.
Position Description: Provide legal counseling to public employees, pursue related litigation, including environmental citizen suits, and help orchestrate employee-inspired reform campaigns.
Working at the confluence of law, media and politics, PEER seeks a staff counsel to –
- Respond to employee requests for assistance;
- Develop and carry out legal and other strategies to remedy employee-identified problems;
- Conduct legal and policy research and assist in executing designated reform campaigns;
- Assist the PEER General Counsel in executing our litigation program; and
- Serve as media spokesperson on related legal and policy matters.
Qualifications: Bar membership, excellent communications skills and relevant experience.
Start Date: May 2018
PEER is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage women and minority candidates to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Send cover letter (including salary expectations), resume, and writing sample by May 6 to: Staff Counsel Search, PEER, 962 Wayne Avenue, Suite 610, Silver Spring, MD 20910 or email email@example.com with the subject line “Staff Counsel Position”. No calls, please.