70 Lincoln Center Plaza
FILM SOCIETY OF LINCOLN CENTER
DEPARTMENT: Public Relations
LOCATION: New York, NY
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Publicist will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Public Relations in both coordinating and execute the press outreach and public relations efforts on behalf of the Film Society of Lincoln Center, its film festivals, film series, special events, filmmakers, and FSLC executives as well as the organization as a whole.
The Publicist is an experienced public relations professional who has relationships in the film and film journalism communities and enjoys bringing those groups together to help create awareness for FSLC and FSLC films and events. The ability to lead, communicate well, make creative decisions, manage people and their personalities, and stay calm under pressure is essential.
- Create and execute press campaigns for Film Society festivals and series including implementing strategies for an announcement, long- and short-lead outreach, press screenings, asset usage, and interviews, and handle any additional press requests.
- Strategize with the Director of Publicity on outreach and proactively pitch and secure coverage for the Film Society in online, print, broadcast, local, national, and international outlets.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with journalists and continue to expand and update the organization’s press contacts.
- Run red carpets and manage press at parties to ensure talent on-site gets photographed and interviewed by media in an organized manner.
- Work with outside publicists and studio representatives to ensure that the needs of visiting talent are met and FSLC priorities are messaged.
- Write and edit press releases, media alerts, and tip sheets for programs and events
- Secure coverage for select exclusive theatrical runs at the Film Society.
- Oversee the Junior Publicist on PR strategy and targeted outreach and help expand the Junior Publicist’s contacts and PR skills as a whole.
- Work closely with the FSLC marketing team on campaigns and digital asset strategy as well as with the sponsorship and events teams to ensure that press coverage and photos are delivered to clients and partners.
- During the New York Film Festival, manage announcements and press for select sections; manage select carpets, events, and screenings; and oversee talent and logistics for all photo and video portrait studios.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or equivalent area of expertise.
- 2 years of experience in publicity or film environment
- Knowledge of film and appreciation for the mission of the Film Society of Lincoln Center
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Ability to handle high-stress situations with grace and patience
Director of Publicity
FULL-TIME___X___ If full-time, number of months per year__12__
PART-TIME_______ If part-time, number of hours per week______
Minimum Education Required