Details: depending on experience
1501 Williamson Street
Common Wealth Development is seeking a motivated individual to oversee our award-winning youth workforce development programs within a framework of racial justice and health equity. The Youth Employment Programs Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the logistics of multiple youth workforce development programs and supervising a team of employees carrying out program objectives. They will also work closely with other CWD programs and staff to further our goal of fostering equitable economic development. This is a full-time salaried position. Applicants should have a valid driver’s license and regular access to an insured car.
· Oversee and coordinate the logistics of multiple workforce development programs, including program
materials, space reservations, and scheduling with program partners.
· Insure program sessions are adequately staffed, including volunteers.
· Supervise and support a team of Youth Employment Specialists and PASS AmeriCorps Members.
· Assist with program sessions as needed.
· Collaborate with CWD economic development programs and assist with program development.
· Develop effecting working relationships with both CWD staff and external partners.
· Assist in the preparation and review of grant proposals and reports to private funders.
· Track program budgets and assist in the organization’s budget preparation process as needed.
· Maintain confidential records of client progress.
· Compile reports and evaluate program outcomes.
· Experience and commitment to working with teens from low-income homes.
· Experience and commitment to working with teens from racially diverse backgrounds.
· Knowledge of workforce development as a component of comprehensive community and economic
· Commitment to racial justice and health equity.
· Management and supervisory experience.
· Experience coordinating multiple programs, and experience in workforce development programs.
· Knowledge of pedagogy and experience facilitating trainings with teens.
· Working knowledge of best practices in positive youth development and youth employment.
· High level of motivation and ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple responsibilities at once.
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing.
· Proficient in word processing and database programs, especially Microsoft Office.
· Spanish and/or Hmong speaking skills.
Common Wealth Development values diverse life experience in its hiring process and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bilingual, bicultural, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. We value the work of our local schools and educators, and graduates of Madison area high schools are strongly encouraged to apply. Our team is diverse in every sense of the word, but united in our linked fate, shared prosperity, and our commitment to an upstream approach to racial justice, health equity and violence prevention.
a generous paid leave package and health insurance
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish and/or Hmong speaking skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, fill out an employment application (available at www.cwd.org or at our office) and submit a complete application packet to: Common Wealth Development, 1501 Williamson Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703, or by email to email@example.com.
Application packets must contain each of the following:
1) Completed employment application
3) Cover letter describing your experience:
- coordinating workforce development programs;
- supervising a diverse team; and,
- leading training sessions for teens in a culturally competent manner.
Preference will be given to complete application packets received by 5:00 pm Monday, November 19, 2018.
Applications accepted until position filled.
No faxes. No calls please, except to confirm receipt of application materials.