1140 W. Jackson Blvd.
The Youth Care Worker acts as an advocate, educator, coach and role model for the Youth of Mercy Home for Boys and Girls, and supports and implements the policy and philosophy of the program and the Agency.
We currently have Full-Time Youth Care Worker positions open at our Boys Campus-1140 W. Jackson Blvd Chicago, IL 60607.
The schedule for this position includes evening and weekend hours.
Mercy Home for Boys and Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least two years experience working with youth.
- A valid Illinois driver’s license, ability to drive a van, maintain a clear driving record, and retain driving approval through the department of Children and Family Services.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to work both independently and as an active team member.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor while exercising judgment and discretion in work.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and professional journals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as the ability to become proficient in other software packages and programs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to attend required Agency trainings and maintain necessary training compliance. Flexibility to attend daytime trainings or sessions outside of regularly scheduled hours.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and with proper training, be able to physically restrain youth.
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the Agency.
- Be responsible for the implementation of each Youth’s Individual Treatment Plan, in particular specific Youth case load.
- Ensure the Youth’s educational, employment and treatment plans are followed.Be responsible for timely and accurate communication within program, i.e., incident reports, contract with Youth’s families, supervision, and all log entries.
- Build a therapeutic relationship with Youth by being a teacher and a coach.
- Provide leadership for the Youth in the provision of a healthy living environment, i.e., consistent and supportive supervision of Youth’s life space.
- Participate in supervisory meetings appropriate for job function.
- Restrain Youth as necessary.
- Provide transportation for Youth as necessary.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan, CTA/Metra Benefit, Flexible Spending Account.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To submit your resume and apply, please visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=mercyhome&jobId=20472&lang=en_US&source=CC2