MHA-NYC is a nonprofit organization with local roots and a national reach that for over 50 years has been leading the way in mental health with a three-part mission of service, advocacy, and education. Every year, we reach over one million people nationally with mental and behavioral health challenges through high quality innovative programs.
Title: RTF PACC Coordinator
Part Time/Full Time/Per Diem Status
Reports to: Sherri Romano, RTF Director
THIS POSITION IS EMPLOYED BY THE MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION OF NEW YORK CITY (MHA), HOWEVER THE INCUMBENT WILL WORK WITH AND AT THE OFFICE OF MENTAL HEALTH (OMH).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of the Pre-Admission certification Committee.
- Responsible for reading referrals, facilitating PACC meeting, preparation for agenda, generates minutes of meeting, and PACC response letter for referral sources.
- In partnership with the RTF team, provision of technical assistance to the six NYC RTF’s supporting family friendly and youth guided treatment practices to insure long term positive discharge outcomes.
- Oversight of the pre-admission transition process with the RTF Admissions Coordinators.
- Review and follow-up regarding RTF incidents.
- In partnership with the RTF team, facilitation of bi-monthly meetings with Transitional Coordinators.
- In partnership with the RTF team, assist RTF’s in collaborating with multiple child serving agencies and systems such as ACS, NYC Department of Education, Juvenile Justice and adult services.
- Provide training's regarding the PACC process.
Tracking and Reporting:
- Maintains comprehensive list of youngsters PACC Certified.
- Submission for Quarterly Statistics as needed to OMH Central Office an DOHMH.
- Submission of DSS 639 to OMH Special Projects Unity to commence Medicaid payment upon youth’s admission to an RTF.
- Review clinical referrals for psychiatric criteria to determine continued Medicaid eligibility based on current eligibility standards.
- Monitor, pre-approval, and processing of the DSS 3074 bed reservations.
- Maintaining database of hospitalizations/bed reservations for the RTF’s.
- Maintains resources and disseminates to RTF providers.
- Attend quarterly OMH Children’s Division Meetings in Albany, bi-weekly internal children division meetings, family and youth conferences, and conferences related to mental health treatment for youth and families.
- Participation and collaboration with OMH licensing division during certification visits/as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Master’s level Social Worker, preferably LCSW with clinical and administrative experience.
- Extensive knowledge of child serving systems required.
- Attention to details.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision.
*THIS POSITION IS EMPLOYED BY THE MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION OF NEW YORK CITY (MHA), HOWEVER THE INCUMBANT WILL WORK WITH AND AT THE OFFICE OF MENTAL HEALTH (OMH).
MHA-NYC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available.
Minimum Education Required