1395 Summer Street Northeast
The Special Events Director must be an experienced, take charge professional with ability to manage administration and logistics in support of the Resource Development department in a busy special events environment.
Lead the coordination of the following events:
- Corporate Shoot-Out Golf Tournament
- Civil War Dinner & Auction
- Cinco de Micro Brewfest
- Annual Luncheon
- Other special fundraising events that occur throughout the year (Teen Court Luncheon, Woodburn, Breakfast and Art Auction support)
Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, attend to necessary planning for more than one event at a time, meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends, particularly around event period.
The successful applicant should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers; including volunteers, stakeholders, sponsors and donors.
Event Planning and Production
- Work with a volunteer committee to plan and implement a successful event.
- Coordinate negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (floral, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the Boys & Girls Club.
- Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary.
- Close out all events as required.
- Prepare budgets and provide periodic progress reports to Executive Director and Chief Development Officer for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Build strong committees with focus on results, stewardship and succession planning.
- Coordinate committee meetings and oversee committee responsibilities.
- Work closely and collaboratively with volunteer committee chairs.
- Deepen relationships with current sponsors, build new sponsor opportunities.
Successful applicants must address the following in a cover letter:
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Sound knowledge and proven skills in written, oral and graphic communications, including experience working with various media sources.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and work assignments for a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for a degree.
- At least 2 – 4 years of experience coordinating special events or similar field
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email, social media and web searches.
- Ability to pass the drug test and the background check
- Open until filled
To apply, follow the link: https://bgc-salem.org/forms/view.php?id=21805
The Boys & Girls Club of Salem, Marion and Polk Counties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Paid sick leave
Generous health, dental, life and LTD insurance
Employee assistance program
Discount on fitness membership
Minimum Education Required