33 Parker Road
This position will act as the lead Food Safety representative for the Vermont Foodbank, and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the physical plants of our statewide distribution centers. This position would be the primary project manager for all organization-wide renovations and alterations, and would be responsible for directing the work of staff and contractors and communicating status to affected parties.
The director supports the Foodbank’s outcomes of ensuring everyone in Vermont has access to enough food every day, that everyone in Vermont is healthy and that everyone in Vermont is taking action to eliminate hunger and poverty.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works cooperatively and be able to communicate with staff and volunteers to support the mission of the Foodbank to meet and sustain Foodbank goals.
- Positively contribute to an organizational culture of safe and secure food handling, warehousing and distribution.
- The Foodbank relies on volunteers every day to fulfill our mission. All Foodbank employees must support our culture of philanthropy by treating every volunteer with appreciation and respect.
- Ensure compliance with AIB and Feeding America for food safety, sanitation, and pest control. Rewrite policies and procedures as needed. Implement and monitor procedures and maintain records for audits.
- Act as lead AIB Food Defense Coordinator for VT Foodbank and lead member of the Food Defense Team.
- Create, revise and review standard operating procedures for all food safety systems.
- Become the food safety expert for the organization.
- Manage day-to-day physical plant needs of three statewide distribution centers to ensure OSHA, AIB and Feeding America regulations, procedures and record keeping are compliant
- Management of two Facilities Coordinators.
- Function as the project manager on all physical plant renovations, alterations and initiatives.
- Work with Chief Operations Officer to develop yearly facilities and project budgets.
- Develop and execute training plans for both food safety and workplace safety.
- Manage work order system
- Work with cross-departmental teams to develop and implement organization-wide initiatives.
- Responsible for leading bi-weekly self-inspections at each facility and creating appropriate plan to address findings to ensure food safety compliance.
- Work with Chief Operations Officer and Chief Financial Officer to create asset management plan.
- Participate as a leading member of the Safety Committee.
- Responsible for management of the organization’s passenger car fleet
- Adhere to policies and procedures in the fleet safety booklet when operating Foodbank vehicles.
Education and/or Experience:
- Food safety experience and certifications preferred.
- Experience managing a diverse staff of people and working with people of varied backgrounds
- OSHA regulatory experience.
- Familiarity with warehouse operations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership and organization with the ability to direct and achieve priorities, goals, and strategies with limited supervision
- Excellent Project management skills
- Facility management experience
- High level budgeting experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other emerging platforms
- Ability to work well as part of a team, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent writing & presentation skills
- A firm command of the English language.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A valid Vermont Driver’s License.
- 3-year motor vehicle report (MVR) showing a clean driving record.
- ServSafe certification preferred.
- This position will supervise 2 employees.
Eligible for all full-time benefits (see website: https://www.vtfoodbank.org/employment/benefit-package)
Minimum Education Required