10 Fawcett Street
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector. For more than 50 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through its work with more than 90 partners in 40 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
About Resource Development
Accion’s resource development has a solid track record of fundraising results largely generated through corporate and foundation donors including the MasterCard Foundation, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Credit Suisse, MetLife, and Citi Foundations. Over the last years, the organization has expanded its resource development strategies targeting more corporate partnerships and has begun focusing on public and multi-lateral institutions. The Resource Development Team includes 13 fundraising professionals with expertise in grant-writing, events, retail fundraising and communications
The Senior Specialist for Development Operations works closely with the fundraising team to maintain the information and reporting systems in the Raiser’s Edge database, including the gift processing function. S/he coordinates with our gift processing company to ensure that all gifts are logged and acknowledged, and will report on donations received in the Accion International Development Office. S/he provides essential support with gift stewardship, monthly reconciliations, database maintenance, targeted outreach, and documentation of procedures and other projects as needed. This position is essential to the daily functioning of the department, for campaign and results analyses, and strategic planning.
- Provide overall management, maintenance and ensure proper functioning of the organization’s Raiser’s Edge database, safeguarding the integrity and quality of data
- Provide overall management of ancillary software, including Beyond Nines database hosting and Blue State Digital Tools ensuring that data is imported and exported between databases properly
- Generate and maintain mailing lists and donor lists for publications, event invitations, prospect/portfolio reviews, and other lists as required
- Produce and deliver donor-related reports and analyses
- Provide training and support for other Raiser’s Edge and BSD Tools users; disseminate relevant information regarding software upgrades and coding changes
- Help perform monthly reconciliation of Raiser’s Edge gift entry input with finance department
- Coordinate projects and processes to enhance and safeguard the integrity of the database (duplicates, email appends, NCOA screenings, RE procedures manual).
- Liaise with the gift processing company which handles most gifts; coordinate the processing of gifts and pledges, from receipt of checks, credit card gifts, stock gifts etc., through donor acknowledgment, reporting, and filing of backup documentation.
- Perform monthly OFAC screenings and quarterly NCOA screenings
- Provide administrative support in the production of mailings, including acknowledgement of first time donors with customized welcome packets
- Manage and maintains the donor filing system
- Maintain and updates documentation on various processes and procedures
- Send memorial/in honor of cards in response to donor requests
- Coordinate with the finance and legal departments to complete state charitable registrations with third party organization
- Respond to donor inquiries received via phone and email
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of successful development experience or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Generally 5 years of experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database.
- Experience with online fundraising platforms such as BSD Tools, BBNC, other
- High level of proficiency in Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of individuals, including major donors, volunteers, and staff.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral English language skills and ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Interest in poverty alleviation and international development a plus.
- Interest in our mission and working globally.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
- Excellence: Accion staff should always put forth their best effort in all activities, strive for high quality of collective and individual performance; and demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times while in the workplace and while working on behalf of the organization.
- Respect: Accion staff should value one another’s roles and responsibilities as much as their own, be encouraging, and value the diverse and unique perspectives of colleagues. They should honor obligations and commitments to each other and to external partners.
- Passion for Social Change: Accion staff should be committed to making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate, value the greater good of the organization over personal gain, and promote a productive workplace by acknowledging the accomplishments of others.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through our website: https://jobs-accion.icims.com/jobs/1881/donor-database-and-operations-specialist/job