Details: Commensurate with experience
400 Atlantic Street Southeast
District of Columbia
A Wider Circle’s Neighborhood Partnerships initiative is one of two program realms that seeks to create sustainable change - in this instance at the community level - through the transformation of neighborhoods allowing residents to live, work and thrive without displacement.
Our current sites in Southeast DC serve as examples of strong partnerships with public and non-profit entities as well as our commitment to improvements in economic opportunity, safety and stability, quality of life and community empowerment.
Building on our work to date, the Director will lead our program in Southeast DC, overseeing a staff of three-five individuals and managing daily site operations while building partnerships and sustainable activities and maintaining an unyielding commitment to ending poverty. The individual will also lead the transition to our new, larger workspace that will serve as a hub for partnership, leadership and change.
Poverty is a crisis in our region and in our nation. The Director of Neighborhood Partnerships will be a key leader in our organization and in the movement to end poverty by supporting individuals, their families and their communities. This is more than a job - it is rooted in the belief that the crisis must end and that change is possible.
- Oversee all daily operations and programming onsite in our Southeast DC center, to include workforce development, health and wellness, basic needs provision, youth activities, community leadership/empowerment and development, safety, and quality of life.
- Serve in an administrative and supervisor role, managing site staff, addressing worksite operational issues, and attending community meetings.
- Establish data tools and metrics to track outcomes of all programs. Track results and offer flexibility and leadership necessary to adjust resources to ensure results.
- Understand need and opportunities within and beyond the community geographic center for residents and community partners.
- Conduct neighborhood outreach for development and maintenance of partnerships.
- Responsible for basic budget management and engaging in fundraising efforts for the program, as needed.
- Serve as a visionary in community efforts for equity and equality, resource allocation and programs that meet need while addressing root causes and pushing for change
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Programs. While some time will be spent at the Silver Spring headquarters, the majority will be at the current neighborhood site in DC.
- 10+ years of experience in non-profit program management, human services, and grassroots community organizations.
- Considerable leadership and staff management experience.
- Experience with urban poverty settings, ideally in Southeast DC.
- An ability to work with an outcomes-based approach; focused on economic opportunity, quality of life, safety and security, and community engagement.
- Commitment to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Strong desire to serve as a change agent in the movement to end poverty.
A Wider Circle offers a generous individual benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k), voluntary benefits, and more.
Minimum Education Required