Details: competitive salary based on experience
1705 Washington Street
UpValley Family Centers seeks a Senior Services Specialist with a passion for improving the lives of older adults to join our team. UpValley Family Centers created a Senior Services Program in 2011, which now serves 200 seniors annually. Due to geographic barriers, many seniors upvalley have challenges accessing services. A majority of Calistoga seniors we serve live in one of the three mobile home parks in town and are on fixed incomes. UpValley Family Centers partners with dozens of nonprofit and government organizations to promote older adult health and wellness and to connect seniors to essential resources such as legal, counseling, and nutrition services. We coordinate workshops, support groups, and resource fairs on a regular basis. The Senior Outreach Specialist reports to the Family & Senior Services Manager.
· Liaison with mobile home parks and senior apartments to bring health and wellness services to residents. Establish good working relationships with site management.
· Coordinate with other organizations to bring services to seniors in Calistoga. Maintain a strong understanding of gaps and needs of seniors to advocate for services needed.
· Organize health and wellness educational and physical fitness activities at various sites such as diabetes and obesity prevention and social activities to reduce isolation.
· Develop bilingual program and outreach materials (English/Spanish). Work closely with program and development staff to develop outreach messages and disseminate program information via local press, social media, website, etc.
· Conduct outreach for in-home caregivers interested in serving Calistoga seniors. Provide support and guidance for background checks and coordinate training for interested candidates who want to become caregivers. Assist with potential caregiver matches with seniors in Calistoga.
· Make referrals to health and social service organizations and follow up with clients to ensure they receive needed services.
· Provide case management for older adult clients with multiple challenges, including assessment and emergency assistance for critical needs not met elsewhere.
· Work with Adventist Health St. Helena to provide transportation arrangements for medical appointments for senior clients. Work with other transportation organizations to facilitate other older adult transportation needs beyond the upvalley area.
· Track and review program data. Actively participate in organizational learning regarding this program. Assist with writing reports for funders and key stakeholders.
· Actively participate in training and professional development opportunities.
· Represent the organization in meetings with community partners.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in health, social work, gerontology, or closely related field is preferred or 4 years of relevant experience working with older adults
· Knowledge of community resources available to older adults in Napa County
· Knowledge of geriatric issues and trends in the field
· Ability to work with older adults using compassion, patience, diplomacy, tact and understanding
· Excellent relationship-development and communication skills. Ability to take initiative, have good judgment and maintain confidentiality
· Experience with program coordination and group facilitation; ability to organize information, events, and program activities
· Can work independently and as part of a team
· Information technology skills, including use of laptops, smartphones, internet/online application systems, web-based time tracking systems, Microsoft Office programs, client database, etc.
· Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and insurance required
· Possess or obtain certification in CPR and First Aid
· TB test and background check required
· Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Occasional weekend and evening work is anticipated.
The UpValley Family Centers of Napa County is an equal opportunity employer.
Our guiding principles are: trust, dignity, respect and cultural sensitivity, equity, and collaborative action.
Medical, dental, and vision benefits; 401k retirement plan; paid sick leave, vacation, holidays
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish language proficiency preferred
Minimum Education Required