Program Associate - Relationship and International Events Management(Fluent in Spanish)
- Job posted by Rights and Resources Initiative
2715 M Street NW
Program Associate - Relationship and International Events Management
Rights and Resources Group is a non-profit organization that serves as coordinating mechanism for the Rights and Resources Initiative, a global coalition to advance forest tenure, policy and market reforms. Rights and Resources Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more at www.rightsandresources.org.
We are looking for a dedicated individual who will take initiative, demonstrate responsibility, and become an integral part of our small and passionate team.
The Program Associate - Relationship and International Events Management engages with a wide array of networks and organizations at the national, regional, and global levels to catalyze collaboration, and stimulate thinking and action on RRI priorities and key areas of work.
The Associate supports all functions of the program, including administrative, logistics and programmatic, and will undertake these duties in a systematic and precise manner, handling details carefully without compromising attention to big-picture goals. The Associate maintains the flexibility to work in a highly dynamic environment of shifting priorities while ensuring that the work is completed within established deadlines. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) non-exempt position with compensation commensurate with skills and experience. The ability to work collaboratively, collegially, and respectfully under pressure is essential. This position requires some international travel.
This position reports to the Director, Coalition and Strategic Networks.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, and is classified as non-exempt under the US Fair Labor Standards Act.
Essential Job Functions:
- International events (approx. 30%):
- Facilitate the planning, execution and reporting of major domestic and international events and exchanges including logistics, meals, registration, travel, and visa arrangements, etc., with a focus on quality assurance, participant care, and cost control.
- Coordinate logistics for and outreach to participants, engaging them at all stages from invitation to post-event follow-up, and ensure that response timelines are met and that participants’ guidelines are followed by all parties.
- Promote engagement of the RRI coalition and key networks in key global processes and events.
- Relationship building and coalition management (approx. 30%):
- Contribute to ongoing fluid communication and relationship between the RRI Secretariat and Partners, Affiliated Networks, Fellows, as well as other networks and constituencies, promoting their greater contribution to the coalition and its mission. Facilitate Partners and Affiliated Networks meetings, including implementation of next steps.
- Facilitate knowledge building and sharing among the coalition and between other RRG programs.
- Lead engagement with Fellows and promote their involvement in RRI activities and contributions.
- Maintain and update databases of contacts and mapping of all Partners, Affiliated Networks, Fellows, Collaborators, and other relevant networks in our field.
- Program Support (time requirement approximately 20%):
- Provide general administrative support for the program, in collaboration with other CSN staff.
- Ensure concept notes, contracts, deliverables, and payments are completed in a timely fashion and accurately reflect program/activity objectives. Liaise with collaborators and vendors, RRI’s Finance & Administration and other programs as needed.
- Contribute to reporting and monitoring and evaluation efforts.
- Ensure RRI internal and external communications products and websites are updated and fully represent CSN activities in all applicable languages.
- Edit and translate minor or internal documents to/from English/Spanish.
- Contribute to ongoing planning and execution of CSN activities.
- Matrix engagement (approx. 20%):
- Contribute to one or two of RRI’s regional or thematic programs, depending on interests, past experience, and needs of the coalition
- Willingness to undertake other tasks as requested.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in international/area studies, international development, environment, human rights, or other relevant field
- 1-3 years of experience in program administration, international event management, logistics, project management or other relevant experience
- Excellent English and Spanish written and verbal communication skills required;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, ideally with experience organizing large events. Ability to prioritize competing demands and projects in both short and long term;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, performs well under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines and objectives;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, basic Microsoft Excel, and internet savvy; and other digital tools;
- Ability to work well in a team environment, with the flexibility to work independently in a highly dynamic environment while ensuring that established deadlines are met on a wide variety of tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Ability and willingness to travel overseas if required;
- Experience living/working abroad preferred.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent English and Spanish written and verbal communication skills required;
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, your resume, and a short writing sample (1-2 pages maximum) in English and one in Spanish to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title “Program Associate – Relationship and International Events Management” in the subject line. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted immediately and interviews conducted on a rolling basis.