Details: Mid to High $30s
4110 Chain Bridge Road
The Fairfax Public Law Library Seeks Law Library Assistant
The Fairfax Public Law Library is a critical component of Fairfax County’s efforts to provide its citizens with meaningful access to justice. Located in the Fairfax County Courthouse, the facility operates as the preeminent resource for legal information and serves the public, attorneys, judges, government officials, students, and legal support staff.
- Provides reference desk and research assistance;
- Assists in opening and closing procedures;
- Online cataloging of legal materials;
- Monitors copiers and all operations of the reference desk.
- Bachelor’s degree and Paralegal, J.D. or significant legal training is highly desirable;
- Strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Westlaw, Lexis, Casefinder and other legal online research tools desirable;
- Exceptional electronic and print research skill;
- Strong service ethic and ability to interact with a diverse patron and staff in a courteous and tactful manner;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a time-sensitive work environment and team player attitude;
- Demonstrated commitment to providing superior customer service.
Local candidates only – no relo. EOE. Some limited early evening weekday hours may be required.
Excellent benefits including health, dental, life, and retirement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to Thomas Pulver, Law Librarian: Fairfax Public Law Library, 4110 Chain Bridge Road, Room 115, Fairfax, VA 22030; firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax: (703) 591-0310.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone calls, please.