2430 Mission St.
MyPath is looking for an experienced manager to work with our internal youth leadership program focused on youth financial capability. The Youth Engagement Manager will have 4 main areas of responsibility: (1) Program Management; (2) Curriculum Design and Testing; (3) Youth Stipend Tracking and Financial Institution Liaison; and (4) Youth Financial Capability Campaign and related Policy Advocacy.
- In collaboration with the youth engagement team, recruit a diverse team of youth for the internal youth leadership program focusing on financial capability (including both youth financial access/tools and financial information)
- Plan, prepare and facilitate program kickoff including parent orientation night, overnight youth leadership retreat and summer training as well as the internal youth leadership program weekly meetings
Curriculum Design and Testing
- Test and provide feedback on MyPath’s youth-facing financial curriculum with MyPath youth leaders to ensure youth experience and perspectives are reflected in our design
- Review and catalog MyPath internal curriculum, making recommendations on what gets archived, revised or used again
Youth Stipend Tracking and Financial Institution Liaison
- Interface with our partner credit unions around youth leader accounts to support account opening, to ensure accurate direct deposits, direct deposit account splits and to troubleshoot as needed
- Manage monthly youth stipend tracking, administration and payments in a timely and organized fashion
Youth Financial Capability Campaign and related Policy Advocacy
- Work with a group of MyPath staff and youth to identify and lead a youth financial capability campaign that aligns with overall MyPath vision and mission, and support youth with its implementation
- In partnership with the youth engagement team and youth, advance policy advocacy related to the campaign, including local, regional, statewide and/or national efforts, and engage the appropriate target audience, including financial institutions, funders, consumer advocacy groups and/or government agencies through meetings and/or hearings
And other duties as assigned
- 4 years experience working with high school age youth in a youth-based nonprofit organization or school with a youth development and social justice orientation
- Strong program management skills including attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation, facilitation and training skills
- Experience designing and editing youth-facing curriculum
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse group of youth and staff
- Driven to meet MyPath’s mission
Benefits include fully paid health, vision, dental insurance, and 401K, and a generous PTO package. Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish speaker a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jobs@MyPathUS.org, with Youth Engagement Manager in the subject line, by Friday, April 20. Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those applicants invited to interview.