Details: Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
About Digital Promise Global
Digital Promise Global is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit that aims to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise Global identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise Global is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
Digital Promise Global seeks a Certifications Manager to establish and organize a program for reviewing education technology products with respect to the research-based factors identified with our Learner Positioning Systems (LPS) Initiative. Working with the leadership team, the Manager will conduct a landscape scan of education technology certification and identify relevant practices, partners and market opportunities for certifications that support the success of LPS.
The Manager will bring creativity, insight, and substance and develop these opportunities into actionable projects that maximize the effectiveness of a certification program.
Success in this role requires knowledge of systems of certification and the ability to develop meaningful cross-sector collaboration. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and interpersonal skills; the capacity to execute details while keeping big-picture strategy in mind; and a knack for developing and launching impactful programs.
This is an exciting opportunity to join at the ground level of an emerging trend in personalized learning and to work with a growing, nimble and entrepreneurial organization.
About the Program
Through Digital Promise Global’s Learner Positioning Systems (LPS) initiative, we seek to uncover strategies to meet learners where they are across varied contexts and needs. Building on emerging research on the variability of the learner population, LPS supports all learners, their parents, educators, and the Edtech development community.
- Serve as a trusted, inclusive partner and ambassador for Digital Promise Global and the LPS initiative to diverse communities of stakeholders and thought-leaders (e.g. educators, policymakers, researchers, and developers).
- Develop and maintain a well informed landscape scan of certification programs, processes, and opportunities in education and across relevant sectors and fields.
- Design a certification program that serves the initiative and organization goals.
- Identify meaningful collaborative partnerships with organizations for certification programming in ways consistent with the LPS initiative’s and the organization’s long-term vision and stakeholder needs.
- Explore business and operations models to scale certifications over the longer term.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, partners, and networks to define and launch major programs.
- 3+ years' experience in leadership capacity of program and project management related to the development of complex multi-stakeholder systems
- Stellar interpersonal and communications skills (writing, verbal, and as a brand ambassador)
- A passion for education and knowledge of its practices and policies. Knowledge of learner variability issues a plus.
- Ability to represent the LPS Initiative at external meetings and with partners, clients and other key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Exemplary organizational and communications skills regarding multi-faceted content projects
- Ability to work entrepreneurially and independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do” “yes-and” spirit.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.