1129 20th Street NW
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking an experienced Western Regional Outreach Director to expand our network of influential business, national security, humanitarian and foreign policy leaders in the heartland states that support a smart power approach of elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world. The Western Regional Outreach Director will work to expand the USGLC’s state-based coalitions to support our educational and advocacy efforts.
- Expand grasstop network in select states by identifying and recruiting influential business, civic, military, academic, and faith-based leaders to support USGLC’s efforts.
- Serve as chief strategist in directing organization’s educational and advocacy efforts in select states.
- Indirect supervisory responsibilities.
- Engage and educate USGLC’s state network and develop small and large education events and programs; and on-going communications.
- Organize in-district meetings with USGLC state leaders and policymakers.
- Mobilize state leaders to contact policymakers during key legislative deliberations.
- Speak at local events about the importance of a smart power foreign policy.
Qualifications & Skills
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, international relations or another related field.
- Four to five years of experience in a political campaign and/or issue-advocacy setting.
- Outstanding public speaking skills and ability to create and deliver presentations before high-profile audiences.
- Presidential, Senatorial, and/or Congressional campaign experience is highly desirable, with experience preferred in heartland states.
- Strong knowledge of international relations as well as a demonstrated ability to organize high-level individuals in advocacy efforts.
- Demonstrated abilities in planning meetings and large events, writing, organizing and training skills.
- Ability to proactively engage prominent leaders in the political, business, faith-based, military, academic, and civic communities.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and flexible team environment.
- Ability and desire to travel domestically on a frequent basis.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Western Regional Outreach Director” in the email subject. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The USGLC also provides a package of benefits, including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid annual and sick leave and federal holidays.
About the USGLC
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is a broad-based influential network of 500 businesses and NGOs; national security and foreign policy experts; and business, faith-based, academic and community leaders in all 50 states who support a civilian-led approach of elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world.
Minimum Education Required