Asphalt Green is a non-profit sports and fitness complex on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. We are currently looking for friendly experienced coaches to staff our Recess Enhancement Program (REP) for the 2021-2022 school year. REP is a unique community program currently implemented during recess time in 61 NYC public elementary schools across Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Queens.
Play Coach Duties:
- Lead recess at elementary schools and teach kids new games!
- Help children resolve conflicts in positive ways.
- Attend weekly meetings to share strategies, learn and play new games.
- Must be 18 years old
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday, 2-4 hours per day (between 10:00am-2:00pm), November 2021 – June 2022.
Competitive candidates must be/have:
- Energetic, positive, dynamic and reliable!
- Experience working with youth in an athletic/large group setting.
- Enjoy playing sports and games!
- Leadership skills, independence and a passion for working with children.
- Willing and able to travel to schools in the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens.
- Experience in NYC public schools or work with at-risk youth is a plus.
- After an extensive interview process candidates must be fingerprinted by the New York City Department of Education (NYC DOE) (Payment will be provided by Asphalt Green)
- Final employment offers are contingent upon clearance from the New York City Department of Education (NYC DOE) Personnel Eligibility Tracking System (PETS) - This verification must be made prior to your work with students in a New York City Department of Education (NYC DOE) school and/or NYC DOE affiliated location
Please note: We will conduct demonstration group interviews in the upcoming weeks that consist of teaching a recess game to other candidates.
Must be fully vaccinated to qualify for this position.