4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite M-2
About Girl Scouts
Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is the largest Girl Scout Council in the country. It provides girls in grades K-12 with opportunities to learn new skills, make friends, and discover the power of girls together. We’re the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
PRIMARY AREAS OF WORK:
The Marketing and Design Specialist provides professional support in the creation and execution of marketing and promotional campaigns for the council. She/He performs specialized tasks to include but not limited to collateral materials: brochures, flyers, posters, invitations, signage, publications, logos and ads both online and printed; production and editing photos and videos.
- Serves as the primary designer for the council’s print and digital marketing collateral: flyers, publications, banners, signage, advertising, logos and other print and digital materials.
- Maintains Girl Scout’s brand identity on all social media platforms.
- Key photographer and videographer, responsible for editing video segments to promote Girl Scouts to the public.
- Coordinates marketing calendar to provide service to council departments.
- Advises other departments on use of brand elements.
- Works directly with outside vendors, including: designers, printers and mail house to ensure that timeline and budgets are maintained.
- Assists the Director of Public Relations in developing and implementing the council's communications plan (campaign theme) to ensure effective integrated marketing.
- Assists in developing and executing cookie marketing strategy, including developing marketing materials, video for online and print.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive plan for camp promotion, including: camp brochure, producing direct marketing materials and video elements.
- Supports the council’s fund development effort by creating external marketing materials and design SHARE envelope.
- Assists in the upkeep and management of council photographs. Arrange professional photographers, manages photo sessions, and takes photographs as needed.
- Serves as consultant for staff and volunteers answering questions or assisting in projects involving the brand to include publications, video and other print materials.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Four-year college degree in marketing, communications, journalism or a related field
- Minimum of two years of experience in marketing or public relations
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator is required.
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere is required.
- Knowledge of video production and editing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong editorial skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience working on Mac platform.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate verbally. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Our benefit package is generous, including:
- 3 health insurance options (The Council pays the full monthly premium for individual coverage in the HMO or HMO/HSA and contributes $91.53 per pay period to the HSA for employees on that plan.)
- Dental and vision plan
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- 100% employer-paid long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary employee-paid short-term disability insurance
- Immediate, 100% vested, employer contribution of 3% to 403(b) plan
- 403(b) match of 2% available after 12 months of employment (3 year vesting)
- A generous paid vacation policy (0-3 years = 18 days; >3 years = 24 days)
- 10 paid holidays, annually – including 1 floating holiday
- 12 paid sick days, annually
- 10 paid New Child Leave days for qualifying staff
- Flexible spending plans for certain medical and dependent care expenses
- Employee assistance program
- Metro SmartBenefits® (pretax transportation program)
- Garage parking at our main office, conveniently paid through pretax payroll deduction
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, click here or the link above to complete application through our website.
An Equal Opportunity Employer