Director, Development Operations and Stewardship
- Job posted by Junior Achievement of Greater Washington
919 18th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Position Concept and Primary Responsibilities:
The Director, Development Operations and Stewardship is a senior member of the development team. This is a new position at Junior Achievement that will require someone who is forward thinking, entrepreneurial, proactive, organized, and flexible. Past experience with budget management, project management and data management are necessary for quick success in this role. The ideal candidate will take the below description and build it out with the Vice President of Development upon joining the team.
The Director is responsible for three key areas of the development department:
1. Budget Management: Collaborate with JA’s external fundraising team members and the JA Operations team to create, manage and track the revenue budget to support the annual operating plan of the organization, anticipated growth and forecasting, and benchmark management with the external fundraisers.
2. Operations Management: Oversee the administrative operations within the Development Department, including optimizing use of the CRM database, gift processing, contract and gift agreement management, donor receipts/acknowledgment, invoices and accounts receivables, etc.
3. Stewardship Management: Collaborate with JA’s external fundraising team members and the JA Communications team to create, manage and implement both mass and customized stewardship and communication plans for JA donors and constituent groups. As a function of the stewardship management role, support JA’s external fundraising team members with management of scheduled stewardship and communication to committees and constituent groups.
The position includes direct supervision of one development manager, collaboration with all development team members, program team leadership, organizational leadership and board members.
Experience Requirements and Desired Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in development operations, project management, marketing or similar
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, including a strong attention to detail
- Comfort and confidence managing budgets, numbers and databases
- Ability to move projects forward and convene buy in across teams and functions
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team
- Self-starter who is comfortable handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and writing skills, including strong presentation skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to handle deadlines, pressure and changing priorities with good judgment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is necessary and experience with a donor management system (like Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce) is highly preferred
- Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs, willingness to work outside standard established business hours, and 50% of local travel are required
JAGW offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a fun, challenging work environment. EOE.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference the position title in the subject line. No phone calls. Incomplete applications will not be considered.