Advocates for Children of New York, Inc. (AFC) seeks a full-time Data Coordinator and Legal Assistant to coordinate the collection, analysis, and reporting of key programmatic data in our Salesforce client management data base and to manage aspects of the organization’s legal program relating to attorneys’ fees and payments.
AFC is a not-for-profit organization that works to ensure a high-quality education for New York students who face barriers to academic success, focusing on students from low-income backgrounds. AFC works on behalf of children and youth who are at greatest risk of academic failure due to poverty, race, ethnicity, disability, homelessness, immigration status/limited English proficiency, sexual orientation, gender identity, or involvement in the child welfare or juvenile justice systems. We use uniquely integrated strategies to advance systemic reform, empower families and communities, and advocate for the educational rights of individual students.
Major duties and responsibilities will include:
• Overseeing and maintaining the client and case management database (Salesforce).
• Training staff on the Salesforce database.
• Producing reports and analytics for funders and AFC managers from the database.
• Coordinating, monitoring and enforcing the payment process for money owed by the Department of Education to parents, schools and service providers as a result of settlements or hearings.
• Billing, negotiating and accounting for fees owed by the New York City Department of Education for attorneys’ time.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience with data or data management systems
• Excellent technical skills (Salesforce, Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Attentiveness to accuracy and detail
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects while meeting deadlines
• Ability to work well independently and in a team
• Ability to think proactively, anticipate problems, and develop effective solutions
• Background in education, law, or database management a plus.
• Spanish fluency a plus.
The salary depends on experience and includes generous benefits.
AFC is an affirmative action employer that actively encourages applications from a broad spectrum of people, including people of color, with disabilities, and of diverse gender identities, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should highlight any personal or professional experience that demonstrates their connection to the populations that AFC serves. No phone calls, please. Only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis starting July 24, 2018. This position would start as soon as possible.