Are you Watsi's next Development Manager?
Watsi is a global health startup building a platform to administer health insurance systems in low-resource settings. We put patients first in everything we do, and are committed to helping countries around the world accelerate progress towards universal health coverage.
We’re hiring a Development Manager to help strengthen our partnerships with individuals and foundations that donate to support our work. You’ll manage the development process, draft proposals, and help contribute to our overall strategy.
What you'll work on:
- Identifying donor leads and conducting initial outreach
- Preparing research and helping to coordinate donor meetings
- Drafting grant requests and proposals for individuals and foundations
- Collaborating across the organization to create donor updates and reports
- Bringing structure, process, and efficiency to our development operations
- Contributing to our development strategy
Who you are:
- You have experience crafting and defending compelling written arguments, possibly in a marketing, communications, or academic position
- You are familiar with impact measurement, ideally in healthcare
- You have a proven history of implementing efficient processes and structure
- You learn quickly via research and in-person conversations
- You are a critical thinker who can adapt communications for different audiences
- You have experience with CRM, project management, and communications tools
- You are excited to travel up to six weeks per year for conferences and donor visits
What it’s like to work at Watsi:
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." — Annie Dillard
- You will have the opportunity to directly impact people’s ability to access healthcare — all while gaining exposure to amazing individuals and foundations
- You will have the freedom to work remotely — our globally distributed team spans three continents
- You will collaborate with kind and interesting people — we’re proud to have photographers, surfers, pastry chefs, rock climbers, dancers, and Japanese comic aficionados in our midst
- You will enjoy a flexible schedule, plenty of vacation time, and great benefits — including medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and 401k with matching
- You will join an organization that values building an inclusive culture made up of people as diverse as those we exist to serve — we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives
How to apply
If this opportunity is exciting to you, please send a cover letter, writing sample, and resume to email@example.com.
You will enjoy a flexible schedule, plenty of vacation time, and great benefits — including medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and 401k with matching.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, writing sample, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.