Details: Salary range starts at $45,150.
350 Fifth Avenue
FULL-TIME JOB VACANCY
Development & Outreach Department
New York Office
Application Deadline: March 9, 2018
The Development and Outreach Department of Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) is seeking highly-qualified candidates for the position of Grants Administrator in the New York office. The Grants Administrator provides support to the eleven-person Foundations and Program Liaison Office within the Development and Outreach Department, which handles the fundraising and outreach activities of HRW. This position reports to the Director of US Foundations based in New York.
1. Providing administrative support including scheduling meetings, preparing for and taking minutes at meetings, responding to inquiries and requests for information, recording and processing divisional finances, and making travel arrangements;
2. Preparing proposal and report packages with relevant attachments;
3. Liaising with Finance Division to provide donors with budgets and financial reports;
4. Updating Raiser’s Edge database records with deadlines, reporting requirements, pledges, call reports, and other grants-related data;
5. Drafting acknowledgment letters and other correspondence;
6. Processing grant letters;
7. Assisting with prospect research;
8. Proofing proposals, reports, and other written materials;
9. Assisting with the recruitment and mentoring of interns; and
10. Carrying out other duties as required.
Education: A bachelor’s degree, preferably in international relations, journalism, social sciences, or English, is required.
Experience: A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience is required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills are required.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
3. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences, including donors are required.
4. Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously are required.
5. Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision, and work independently as well as function as a member of a team are required.
6. Strong analytical skills and the natural curiosity and creativity needed to conduct online research are required.
7. Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions is required.
8. Proficiency in computer programs including MS Office applications is required; experience with Raiser’s Edge or other donor databases is highly desirable.
9. Experience with event planning, community engagement, and/or philanthropy is preferred.
10. Strong interest in human rights is desirable.
Other: Applicants for this position must possess current US work authorization valid for a minimum of two years from start date.
Human Rights Watch is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.
Human Rights Watch offers comprehensive employer-paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, an outstanding retirement savings plan and twenty (20) days of vacation per year.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Please apply immediately or by March 9, 2018 11:59 PM ET by visiting our online job portal at https://careers.hrw.org/opportunities/show/?jobid=1589. No calls or email inquiries, please. Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large response, application submissions via email will not be accepted and inquiries regarding the status of applications will go unanswered.