55 Exchange Place
We Propel Human Potential. SEO is an educational non-profit focused on improving outcomes for students that come from underserved and historically underrepresented backgrounds. For over 50 years, SEO has been an innovator in education, mentorship, and creating educational programs and opportunities that maximize the full potential of our students. We are on a mission to create an ecosystem of excellence for the students we serve!
The Finance Associate ensures the smooth running of the Accounts Payable area. The position processes all invoices timely and accurately, and verifies that all invoices have the necessary supporting documentation and approval for payments.
- Manage the weekly accounts payable function, including approving invoices, reviewing payment requests, printing checks and initiating wires & ACH payments and the distribution of checks
- Maintain vendor files
- Respond to staff inquiries and coordinate with vendors to resolve issues
- Monthly review and maintenance of all liability accounts, accrued and prepaid expenses
- Assist with management of corporate credit cards
- Prepare audit schedules
- Assist in other finance activities such as preparation of documents for the financial audit and tax return
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations on selected accounts
- Annually prepare 1099’s
- Additional duties and tasks as assigned by Director of Finance/Accountant.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- BA in Accounting. Minimum of 2- 4 years accounts payable experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the Accounts Payable function
- Proven ability with high volume accounts payable environment
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Excellent with details
- Great interpersonal skills
- Able to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel (Understanding V-Lookup. Pivot Tables and Functions an advantage)
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to empathize with colleagues and individuals from a range of backgrounds and experiences
- Passion for closing the opportunity gap for underserved and underrepresented students and young professionals
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- 15 paid vacation days, 4 personal days and 13 paid holidays a year
- Eligible to participate in 403b TIAA-CREF retirement plan with employer contributions
Minimum Education Required