The enduring fame of Old North began on the evening of April 18, 1775, when church sexton Robert Newman and Vestryman Capt. John Pulling, Jr. climbed the steeple of Old North Church and held high two lanterns as a signal from Paul Revere that the British were marching to Lexington and Concord by sea across the Charles River and not by land. This fateful event ignited the American Revolution. Old North Church is Boston’s oldest surviving church building and welcomes 150,000 visitors each year as one of the Freedom Trail’s most visited historical sites.
The Old North Foundation (ONF) promotes the values of freedom, liberty, and civic engagement through the interpretation and preservation of the Old North Church, an enduring symbol of American independence. The Foundation serves a wide audience by creating meaningful experiences through educational outreach, site-specific programming, and historical analysis. The Old North Foundation of Boston, Inc. was established in 1991 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization independent of Christ Church in the City of Boston (the Episcopal congregation of Old North Church).
The Marketing and Development Coordinator will manage ONF’s external communications across marketing, fundraising, and community relations functions. This position reports directly to the Executive Director, and will have the opportunity to learn the day-to-day operations of a small nonprofit/historic site while partnering with the leadership team on larger projects such as strategic plan implementation and fundraising event production. The ideal candidate is a history lover who is a detail-oriented project manager with demonstrated marketing experience through employment or internships.
Responsibilities will include:
· Managing ONF’s online presence through the development of a social media strategy, content design and development, and website maintenance
· Drafting and producing ongoing marketing and communications projects such as ONF’s monthly e-newsletter, press releases, and blog posts (This work requires full exploration of our campus, including climbing stairs, navigating small spaces, and spending time on your feet.)
· Designing marketing collateral such as brochures, signage, and fliers
· Serving as the liaison to volunteer committees and the Board of Directors and providing administrative support
· Maintaining ONF’s Salesforce donor database, ensuring accurate recordkeeping for communications and fundraising analysis
· Coordinating donor communications, including tracking gifts and producing acknowledgment letters and producing large mailings such as the annual appeal
· Providing event planning support for ONF fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship events
· 1-3 years of comparable experience
· Proficiency with design software such as InDesign or Canva is required
· Proficiency with WordPress is required
· Demonstrated success in marketing and communications project management
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including ability to work cooperatively with Board members, donors, staff, partners, and volunteers
· Ability to work well independently with excellent project management
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· A passion for US history
· Ability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events and site operations
The enduring fame of Old North began on the evening of April 18, 1775, when church sexton Robert Newman and Vestryman Capt. John Pulling, Jr. climbed the steeple of Old North Church and held high two lanterns as a signal from Paul…
Compensation and Benefits: ONF offers its staff a robust compensation and benefits package including health and dental benefits, long-term disability and life insurance, and a retirement plan with an employer match.
Compensation and Benefits: ONF offers its staff a robust compensation and benefits package including health and dental benefits, long-term disability and life insurance, and a…
Please apply for this position by emailing your cover letter and resume to Nikki Stewart, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Old North Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates in this search.
Please apply for this position by emailing your cover letter and resume to Nikki Stewart, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the…