Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio
Texans Standing Tall (TST) is committed to creating a safer and healthier environment where alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs have no place. TST is a non-partisan, nonprofit organization that utilizes evidence based community prevention strategies to create a healthier environment for our youth. We are committed to research-driven practices, policies, and procedures for prevention. The office is located in Austin.
TST pursues its mission through research, public education, coalition training, technical assistance, policy development/enforcement/evaluation, and advocacy. We mobilize grassroots and grasstops for community change. Our supporters and partners include state agencies and organizations, individuals and local coalitions from throughout the state. Our premier event is our annual Statewide Summit.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing fundraising of Texans Standing Tall including the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events, and earned income.
ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, nonprofit management or related field. Sufficient experience in progressively responsible similar positions to demonstrate competency may be substituted for degree.
• 8+ years of successful fundraising experience
• Working knowledge of donor database management (SalesForce preferred)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Proven written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated experience with the mechanics of running a development department
• Commitment to the organizational mission and ideology in order to effectively promote and advance the goals of Texans Standing Tall and its members.
• Because TST’s primary purpose is to serve the public, this position requires a cell phone to fulfill job responsibilities such as being available off-hours, at meetings, during travel, or other business purposes.
• Personal vehicle with applicable insurance.
• Ability and willingness to travel.
• Membership in Association of Fundraising Professionals preferred, but not required.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
· Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
· Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
· Direct the annual fund program, including mailings (postal and email) and social media platforms.
· Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
· Develop and manage fundraising database and tracking systems (both electronic and hard copy).
· Plan and develop newsletters, social media communications, publications and materials to support fundraising activities.
· Develop and maintain gift acknowledgement and recognition programs.
· Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Texans Standing Tall with the community.
· Travel throughout state to identify, meet with, and engage donors.
· Establish and coordinate fundraising and donor engagement events.
- Negotiate and manage contracts and agreements related to fundraising events and Summit sponsorships.
- Coordinate with and support event sponsors, vendors, donors and volunteers.
- Provide onsite management of events.
- Responsible for getting all needed supplies and materials to/from donor related events.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
HOURS:Full-time exempt position; some irregular and off hours needed to accomplish goals. Travel is required.
LOCATION: Due to the statewide nature of our organization, it is not necessary for the selected candidate to live in the Austin area. However, the selected candidate must be located or willing to relocate to Austin, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, or San Antonio metro areas.
SALARY:Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
We believe diversity and inclusion are key drivers of creativity and innovation and we actively seek out candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles in our organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail the following to TST@TexansStandingTall.org: Resume; name and contact info (including email address) for three references, two of which must be supervisors; three writing samples such as annual fund letter, donor newsletter and/or summary of a successful fundraising campaign. Position open until filled.