Avenue CDC is an award-winning non-profit organization dedicated to building affordable homes and strengthening communities. Avenue CDC has been in existence for 26 years and offers competitive compensation plans and benefits programs.
Avenue Community Development Corporation is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Home Repair Navigator.
The Home Repair Navigator serves as the liaison between the homeowner and Avenue’s Repair team to assist homeowners affected by Hurricane Harvey in the process of repairing their home. The Navigator’s main responsibility is to help navigate the client through the home repair process. The Navigator’s ultimate role is to utilize tools related to disaster recovery in order to facilitate progress from repair/construction program to move-in ready.
- Work collaboratively with Housing Recovery Counselors to identify client’s unmet needs
- Coordinate with home repair/construction team to ensure completion of project milestones
- Troubleshoot problems that arise and find workable solutions
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners, clients, and volunteer organizations
- Provide updates on program activities, report and track program outcomes
- Serves as liaison between homeowner and home repair program
- Guide homeowners through the home repair process, addressing questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner, and connecting them with other community resources as needed
- Follow-up with homeowner to gauge satisfaction and refer to Housing Recovery Counselors for additional needs
Working with Volunteers:
- Manage and coordinate volunteer project logistics including timeline, tool rental and purchases, as needed
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Preference given to individuals with written and spoken fluency in Spanish
- Project management experience is essential
- Willingness to learn, to be solution-oriented when faced with a problem and seek/provide feedback in order to improve service quality and customer service
- Professionalism in interacting with staff, peers, management and supervisors
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks and occasional projects
- Precision and attention to detail, well organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; applicable experience maybe substituted for educational requirement
- Ability to sense when people are overwhelmed and to break obstacles down to manageable steps
- Ability to work independently and as a productive team member
- Ability to sit or stand on occasion for long periods of time
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends with travel throughout the area as required
- Ability to lift 20 to 30 lbs
Training will be provided to work specifically within this program. We are looking for a team member who is eager to learn and serve clients during this difficult time as we all move towards rebuilding our city and our lives.
2505 Washington Avenue
Houston, TX 77007
Avenue CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and at least three professional references, via E-MAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please type “Home Repair Navigator” in the subject line of the e-mail.
ONLY E-MAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED - No Phone Calls Please