520 8th Avenue
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for administering all aspects of Orbis’s travel and logistics in conjunction with the World Travel Services (WTS) team, Travel Management Company, partners, affiliates, and Orbis departments worldwide. S/He administers the facilitation, coordination, compliance, and associated financial and back office administrative details of global travel and logistics. S/He effectively utilizes the services of Orbis’s Travel Management Company (TMC) and a variety of other resources as required, ensuring highest value in compliance with Orbis policies and Duty of Care, and emphasizing safety, cost efficiency, and practicality.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Operations Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager. S/He collaborates with a range of constituents to provide comprehensive WTS support as assigned. S/He liaises with the Flying Eye Hospital (FEH), Global Programs, Aircraft Operations, and Faculty Relations teams, and Orbis departments and offices worldwide.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Administer itineraries for approximately 1,500 global trips annually for Orbis travelers.
· Coordinate air/rail, accommodations, ground transportation, and venues for a variety of Orbis programs, meetings, and events in cooperation with the Travel Management Company and other Orbis departments worldwide.
· Actively liaise with point persons on the FEH, Programs, Aircraft Operations, and Faculty Relations teams and Orbis departments worldwide to ensure all logistical and administrative details of company travel are adequately covered.
· Create and maintain assigned hotel rooming lists ranging from 1-750+ room nights.
· Support Orbis travelers and Cost Center managers in adhering to travel policies and procedures; escalate deviations from travel policies and procedures to the Operations Manager.
· Provide ticketing approval and billing codes to the Travel Management Company for every Orbis ticket booked by reviewing the itinerary for accuracy and compliance against Orbis policy.
·Research and facilitate destination and in-transit visas as needed
·Provide customer service support to Orbis travelers as needed.
·Provide rotating after hours/weekend “on call” assistance to Orbis’s Travel Management Company and approval/rejection of travel itineraries as assigned.
· Ensure the corroboration and reconciliation of monthly expense accounts are completed in a timely manner and report any delays including
o Credit card statement(s), ranging up to $325,000 and 525+ line items a month
o Air plus hotel statement(s)
o Travel management company invoice(s)
o Others as assigned
· File, review and process check requests and wire transfers as required.
· Maintain World Travel Services records to ensure effective documentation to facilitate retrieval, research, and audit.
· Update and maintain the Orbis travel portal and World Travel Services intranet pages; brief and gain approval from Manager, Aircraft Operations.
·Update and maintain vendor accounts and brief management of any issues.
·Maintain Concur profiles, coding, and access.
·Provide updates on traveler whereabouts using the Orbis Travel Portal and reporting tools.
·Support the Director of Operations and Operations Manager in updating Orbis Travel policies and procedures to ensure periodic updates to keep the policies relevant and up-to-date.
·Perform general administrative functions including photocopying, faxing, word processing, preparing mailings and correspondence.
·Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
·Minimum 3 years general administrative and/or customer services experience.
·Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
·Travel experience is preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
·Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while managing a large volume of details.
·Solid communication skills; ability to interact effectively via email, video conference, phone, and in person.
·Demonstrated facility with numbers, time zones, and Excel spreadsheets
·Strong computer skills (Windows, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, databases, and the Internet).
·Team player; flexible work style with a self-starter attitude.
· Ability to work under pressure, handling last-minute complications while successfully producing results; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively and sensitively with people of diverse national and cultural backgrounds.
·Excellent customer service skills; diplomatic and patient.
To learn more about Orbis, go to http://www.orbis.org
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures who reflect the five Orbis values of Trust, Caring, Commitment, Accountability, and Excellence.
Minimum Education Required