Details: 32 hours/week
4408 Delridge Way SW
Title: Teen Leadership Manager at Arts Corps
Responsible to: Director of Creative Youth Development
Supervises: 1 AmeriCorps Member, Bookings Coordinator and Spokes Pathway Lead
Position is open until filled, but priority will be given to applications received by April 30th, 2018.
Why Work at Arts Corps?
Arts Corps revolutionizes arts education by igniting the creative power of young people through culturally engaging learning experiences. We work toward a world where barriers to arts education no longer exist and all young people can creatively lead the transformation of schools, neighborhoods, and beyond.
Arts Corps is committed to the personal and professional growth of its employees. We work hard to build a supportive, respectful and celebratory community among our staff, board and volunteers. We look forward to finding the next member of our extended Arts Corps family.
The Teen Leadership Program makes space for the next generation of young artists to hone their capacities for activism and cultural work. Teen leaders cultivate strong creative habits, community organizing skills, professional development, and social justice analysis.
This position will have primary responsibility for managing Arts Corps’ Teen Leadership programs, including Youth Speaks Seattle, Spokes, Arts Liberation and Leadership Institute (ALLI) and program partnerships.
• Collaborate with Director of Creative Youth Development to establish teen program goals in alignment with current strategic plan
• Supervise and support leadership development for the AmeriCorps Youth Speaks Seattle Coordinator, Bookings Coordinator and Spokes Pathway Lead
• Cultivate and promote youth leadership activities including guidance and support for Spokes, a voluntary youth leadership group supporting Youth Speaks Seattle & the Teen Leadership Program
• Develop and manage Youth Speaks Seattle & Teen Leadership event programming with AmeriCorps member and Spokes (including annual slam series, open mics, writing circles, the Teen Leadership album, the Brave New Voices team and ALLI)
• Manage Teen Leadership program partnerships through event support, planning, and budget tracking, including Massive Break Challenge, Totem Star Leadership and other potential partnerships.
• Oversee the Youth Speaks Seattle communications (including social media and mailing list)
• Manage the $100,000 Teen Leadership budget
• Manage evaluation and data tracking (with support from outside evaluators) and support grant writing and reporting with programmatic data
• Oversee and collaborate with AmeriCorps members on recruitment, outreach and community/parent/youth engagement strategies
• Bachelors degree in education, liberal arts, fine arts, public administration or related experience preferred
• 3+ years experience in youth development and program management required
• Passion for the arts and knowledge of current issues regarding arts education
• Experience working with community groups in collaborative and effective ways
• Commitment to racial justice and anti-oppression movements
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Strong administrative strategies and skills
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
Compensation: 32 hours/week; starting at $33,280 per year; generous benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 15 paid holidays and 20 days of paid time off annually.
Arts Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, queer, gay, lesbian and/or bisexual people, transgender, genderqueer and/or non-binary folks are encouraged to apply. This position has a strong center in racial and social justice, encouraging critical thinking and dialogue about how intersecting systems of oppression impact our work.
Generous benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 15 paid holidays and 20 days of paid time off annually.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and write “Teen Leadership Manager Application” in the subject line.