Director of Jewish Student Life-University of Washington Hillel
- Job posted by Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
Hillel at the University of Washington is looking for our next Director of Jewish Student Life who is passionate about fostering a meaningful, creative, and engaging Jewish community. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is a skilled organizer, a strategic thinker, and a natural connector to work in a fast-paced and supportive environment. An ideal candidate will be dynamic, energetic, thoughtful, and detail-oriented with a strong commitment to Jewish life. The Director of Jewish Student Life will join an outstanding staff committed to offering cutting-edge programming, and assisting students in creating a vibrant community during their college years that is welcoming and pluralistic.
What You'll Bring to the Job:
- You are a relationship builder, capable of establishing rapport and developing meaningful connections with a wide variety of students.
- A self-starter – creative, highly motivated, and able to think and act strategically to achieve goals. You are able to collaborate with team members, and willing to receive feedback from other staff and offer input to their projects as well.
- A familiarity with Jewish tradition, ideas and practice, and a willingness to engage in identity-forming conversations.
- You are able to help student leaders manage multiple projects simultaneously while also providing them with leadership training and enrichment.
- An ability to help student leaders craft and implement programming that reflects diverse approaches to Jewish life.
- A Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of relevant professional experience in experiential education, leadership development, or relationship-based engagement; Master's degree and/or professional experience in Jewish organizations are a plus.
- Oversee program budget, maintain records and coordinate with office manager/administrator.
- Oversee marketing, social media, and content for Hillel UW website; maintain participant tracking database.
- Participate in weekly professional supervision and weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in ongoing Jewish learning and personal/professional growth opportunities.
- Develop, recruit for, and staff immersive experiences such as Taglit-Birthright Israel and Alternative Breaks.
- Participate as a member of the Hillel team in major programs including High Holidays and Passover.
What You'll Do:
- Build and sustain relationships with students to nurture the growth of their Jewish identities, wherever they find themselves on their own spiritual journeys.
- Oversee a wide range of programs, including Shabbat and holiday celebrations, community building events, social justice projects and Jewish learning opportunities.
- Identify uninvolved student populations and develop strategies for connecting with, engaging, and serving them.
- Support Hillel student leadership in their daily and yearly responsibilities through group skill-building and one-on-one meetings.
- Advance new student initiatives and strengthen micro-communities (Shabbat, first-year students, Israel advocates, Greek students, social justice orientated students, etc.) to meet the needs of all Jewish students on campus.
- Encourage students as well as support them as they navigate Israel dynamics on campus and within our own community.
What You'll Get out of the Job:
- Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (403B), life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Health and transportation Flexible Spending Plans, generous vacation/sick time, and family leave.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
- Resources for professional development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities.
- Domestic and/or international travel.
- The ability to take risks, have fun, and shape the Jewish community for the better.
- An employer that values both the person and the employee, allowing them to bring their whole selves to work.
- Terrific colleagues and an enthusiastic supervisor who wants you to succeed.
- Opportunities to explore an incredible, vibrant, young city and a beautiful region of the country.
About Hillel at the University of Washington:
Hillel at the University of Washington is home to an exciting undergraduate program. We serve approximately 600-700 undergrads in any given year. We are also home to the nationally- recognized Jconnect Seattle program for young Jewish adults between the ages of 21 and 35. Hillel UW is one of the most respected institutions in the Seattle Jewish community and has taken on the broad mission of building a pluralistic Jewish community that utilizes innovative and growth-oriented experiences to create a bridge to the larger Jewish and general communities.
Seattle is a great place to live! It blends an outstanding cosmopolitan lifestyle with an unparalleled natural environment; Seattle's residents enjoy easy access to wonderful outdoor adventures and the city's many rich cultural offerings. It is a creative community home to innovators, techies, creators, artists, and those who love making the most of life and all that the area offers.
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel a the University of Washington is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Apply at www.Hillel.org/Jobs and include your resume and cover letter.