The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Program Associate, Global Programs and Field Engagement
The Global Programs and Field Engagement Department connects UNICEF USA to UNICEF programs worldwide, providing program information, proposal and report development; managing field visits and engagements; and building staff capacity about UNICEF.
UNICEF USA seeks a program associate to support the team’s Field Visits Program. The Associate’s contributions will also support UNICEF USA in achieving its strategic fundraising, education and advocacy goals.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
Field Visit Program (85%)
- Field visit planning and management: managing administrative and logistical aspects of trip; drafting briefing materials for participants; updating participants with key information concerning trip; managing financial payments related to trip
- Follow-up field visit activities: planning and coordinating panel discussions for colleagues and donors on trip; tracking financial expenses of field visits; coordinating with other departments to leverage media assets and experiences from field visits to spread awareness and mobilize funds
- Other Field Visit Duties: managing field visit database; coordinating field visit training for UNICEF USA staff members; assisting in analyzing the return of investment of field visits
Resource Mobilization and UNICEF Relations and Program Strategy (15%)
- Providing support in preparing high quality proposals, reports, letters of intent, briefs, acknowledgments, presentations, and other communications for submission to donors and other potential funding sources in a timely manner for specific thematic and/or cross-cutting programmatic areas in UNICEF
- Assisting with fact checking for the organization
- Supporting learning opportunities to ensure staff are empowered to speak on UNICEF USA priority campaigns and thematic areas; assist in the creation of content, decks, talking points, and any additional supplementary materials for staff trainings
- Assisting with special projects for the division, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two-three years’ related experience
- Knowledge on UNICEF, the United Nations, public health, international development, humanitarian affairs, and/or other issues related to UNICEF’s core mandate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
- Exceptional administrative skills and quantitative skills (e.g., research, reporting, and budgeting)
- Ability to maintain a positive, can-do attitude and think critically
- Must be well-organized and relate easily to individuals of diverse backgrounds and demographics
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and deadlines and work creatively and flexibly to adapt to changing priorities (e.g., humanitarian emergencies)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply on our website.