470 Seventh Avenue
[IMMEDIATE] Senior Associate, Financial Planning & Analysis
ABOUT KIPP NYC
KIPP NYC Public Schools is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepares students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in the Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible in for all students. Today, our New York City network is comprised of six elementary schools, six middle schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC Public Schools currently serves more than 6000 students and alumni and has a staff of more than 700. We are also excited to be opening a new elementary school and a new middle school in August 2019!
KIPP NYC is seeking an analytical thinker with superb organizational and communication skills to be a part of the KIPP NYC Shared Services Team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, the Senior Associate will assist in financial modeling, report development and financial analysis as part of the Finance & HR Administration Team. The Senior Associate will partner with budget mangers to provide the analysis and resources needed to make sound financial decisions for KIPP NYC. Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative setting and who embodies the KIPP mantra “Be Nice. Work Hard.”
- Manage monthly financial and metrics reporting for KIPP NYC schools and programs
- Lead meetings with budget managers, providing exceptional, friendly customer service and accurate, meaningful analysis
- Design quarterly financial reporting packages for board meetings
- Lead production of budget and spending reports for external donors
- Serve as liaison between Finance and Development teams for donor reporting
- Support Senior Director of FP&A in managing regulatory reporting by creating and maintaining accurate reports
Budgeting / Forecasting
- Support Senior Director of FP&A in working with budget managers across the organization to create annual budgets. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Establishing key financial parameters and budgeting guidelines by school and/or program,
- Managing annual setup of budgeting and reporting software,
- Producing new or updated instructional materials and conducting trainings
- Overseeing complete budget cycle for subset of school and/or programs, facilitating the delivery of complete and accurate budgets
- Create and maintain an ongoing accurate financial forecast for assigned schools and/or programs
- Support Senior Director of FP&A in maintaining long-term financial models
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience. Experience with budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and data management, including building and maintaining complex financial models required
- Strong understanding of financial accounting and financial statement analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop productive working relationships with multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment with the handling of highly sensitive and confidential information
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated passion for and a commitment to the KIPPNYC mission for high quality public education and the character traits we value: Zest, grit, self-control, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude and a sense of humor. :)
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.
KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through the link given above