The Bowery Mission is a holistic, faith-based organization dedicated to serving people experiencing homelessness, hunger and poverty. The Associate Director, Direct Response Marketing is a key member of the Development team. As the subject matter expert, the Associate Director is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of The Bowery Mission’s direct response marketing strategies. If you are an experienced direct response marketing professional seeking to join a nonprofit to help New Yorkers in need, read on.
The Associate Director’s success will be measured by the achievement of revenue and donor acquisition and retention goals accomplished through the timely and high-quality execution of print marketing campaigns (direct mail appeals, newsletters, stewardship, statement stuffers, donor engagement packages), digital marketing campaigns (website, email, peer-to-peer and social media), and telemarketing campaigns and the maximization of each channel’s net revenue.
This role will be responsible for maintaining and growing The Bowery Mission’s broad base of support, implementing direct response marketing strategies for donor acquisition, retention and cultivation that: (1) grow gross operating revenue in this specific area from $7.1 million in FY 2019 to $8.7 million or more in FY 2023 and (2) lead to deeper donor engagement with other Development areas (events, partnerships, major giving, branding and communications, etc.). This revenue area is largely driven by a direct mail strategy that must be carefully maintained even as we innovate to expand other revenue and marketing strategies.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
- Understands the organization’s Statement of Faith.
- High integrity that builds trust with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferable in Marketing or Communications. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five or more years of relevant work experience managing direct response marketing programs along with budgeting, forecasting, data analytics and strategy is required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead a team toward common goals and strategic objectives is required.
- Proven ability to be proactive, resourceful, and to collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet business objectives, fostering strong working relationships.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations and/or a marketing agency serving nonprofit organizations is preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Superb written and verbal communications skills with the ability to articulate and present complex analytics, strategy, and recommendations clearly and succinctly.
- Sophisticated understanding of Raisers Edge or equivalent customer database.
- Knowledge of best practices and industry trends in data analytics.
- Ability to accurately identify issues, implement resolutions, and escalate to management.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.bowery.org/careers