Clinical Social Worker, HIV/AIDS Initiative & Disabled Program (Temporary)
- Job posted by The Actors Fund LA
The Actors Fund, a nationwide human services organization that helps all professionals in performing arts and entertainment, seeks a Temporary Clinical Social Worker for the HIV/AIDS Initiative and Disabilities Program at our Palm View residence to provide comprehensive and clinically focused case management and support services, as well as planning and coordinating programming for residents of The Palm View to help them maximize their capacity for independent living. This is a 5-month temporary assignment. The Palm View is located offsite from the main Los Angeles Office in West Hollywood.
The Clinical Social Worker will provide direct case management services to those residents identified as having the most significant psychiatric, medical, housing and substance abuse issues. The programming activities will be targeted towards the 42 residents of the Palm View, The Actors Fund’s larger HIV/AIDS Initiative caseload of approximately 150 people, as well as anyone affected be HIV in the community at large. Programming might include weekly art classes, coffee houses, support groups, as well as three to four picnics or larger social activities, either at The Palm View or elsewhere.
- A Master of Social Work degree, LCSW preferred.
- 2 years’ experience working with Disability and HIV/AIDS related issues and concerns, Mental Health, Chemical Dependency and Dual Diagnosis, as well as experience working with seniors and aging in place.
- Experience working with special needs adult population.
- Demonstrates strong clinical and engagement skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff and other agencies.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Understanding of Public and Private Benefits.
- Understanding of Fair Housing rules and regulations helpful.
- Working with Property Management, interdisciplinary teams helpful.
- Local travel for activities and meetings is required, so a valid, unrevoked driver's license and access to a dependable vehicle are required.
- May be required to work an adjusted schedule, which may include additional weekday evening or weekend hours.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This is a full-time TEMPORARY position based at The Palm View in West Hollywood and directly reporting to the Western Region offices in Los Angeles.
ABOUT THE ACTORS FUND
The Actors Fund is a national human services organization that fosters stability and resiliency, and provides a safety net for performing arts and entertainment professionals over their lifespan. Through offices in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, The Fund serves everyone in film, theatre, television, music, opera, radio and dance with programs including social services and emergency financial assistance, health care and insurance counseling, housing, and secondary employment and training services.
For more about The Actors Fund, please visit: www.actorsfund.org.
The Actors Fund is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click on the blue Apply button. A complete application will include a resume, cover letter and salary expectations.