Engagement & Communications Coordinator, 10th Grade
Title: Engagement & Communications Coordinator, 10th Grade
Department: SEO Scholars, High School
Report To: Assistant Director, 10th Grade
The Engagement & Communications Coordinator is responsible for coordinating engagement initiatives and events aimed at strengthening community cohesion and student retention in the 10th grade HS Scholars program. This includes partnering with the Program Managers and the data team in managing data systems and processes, programming schedules, special events, and internal and external communication with parents, guardians and caregivers, high schools partners, colleges and universities, and departments within SEO. The Engagement & Communications Coordinator is a highly organized, dynamic team player with a keen eye for detail, and ability to handle multiple responsibilities, and a commitment to providing opportunities to underserved high school students. The position acts as the supportive anchor of the 10th Grade department, ensuring all data is shared and used effectively between the Program Managers and takes the lead on integral community initiatives that touch all aspects of the departments.
The Engagement & Communications Coordinator works as part of a five-person team that includes three Program Managers and an Assistant Director, 10th Grade.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT – 40%
- Manage community-based initiatives such as Scholar Council, Scholar Clubs, and Peer to Peer mentoring program, Swag design contest, etc. with the focus on increasing Scholars’ program satisfaction and leadership opportunities in coordination with Program Managers
- Manage special engagement events and volunteer opportunities to build community including coordination of student participants and staffing, oversight of projects, and creation of marketing materials.
- Coordinate family engagement initiatives, including the planning of family workshops, orientations, and transition meetings
- In coordination with other grade level reps, plan and execute 10th Grade college exposure opportunities including creating an effective itinerary, coordinating with college partners, collecting and tracking relevant data including transcripts, family income, and college value preferences
- Coordinate other projects as assigned
DATA MANAGEMENT – 40%
- Manage the 10th grade data tracking and management systems including transcript collection, mock SAT scores, assignment completion, attendance, and income collection by ensuring that systems and processes are updated and aligned with org-wide systems
- Partner with the data team to provide feedback in data processes for collecting, tracking, and managing student data based off of program needs, including creating systems for better data-sharing between relevant departments.
- Oversee incentive program, including the tracking of individual and group progress and analyzing patterns of growth to implement advising strategies for Program Managers
- Analyze qualitative (survey, focus groups, etc.) and quantitative data (brightspace dashboards) to better inform grade-level best practices
- Serve as 10th grade liaison with Operations to ensure effective program delivery and accurate data sharing between relevant departments (ie. attendance records, report cards, etc.)
COMMUNICATIONS MANAGEMENT– 20%
- Create marketing materials (ie. flyers, blurbs, etc.) for upcoming engagement events as well as appealing curriculum connection slides following guidelines set by SEO’s Communication Dept
- Facilitate engagement initiative updates and messaging in Opening Circles, parent meetings, etc.
- Manage positive phone call outreach process to families and mass communication including text messaging strategies
- Manager and content creator of mass opportunity email and 10th grade content for SEO Family Newsletter
- Create a strategic communication timeline to update school partners regarding Scholar progress and retention updates
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience managing complex projects with multiple deadlines
- Superior written/oral communication skills
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated passion for closing the achievement and opportunity gap on the high school and college level for first-generation and under-served students
- Data-driven and results-oriented with an unquestionable commitment to high-quality work
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high level of professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-orientation, and ability to multitask and handle changing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and experience working with Salesforce databases
- Bilingual Spanish/English is highly preferred
- Ability to work a Tuesday to Saturday schedule from Sept to May as well as some evenings as needed
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V