1600 Duke Street
The Special Events Manger directly supports the Managing Director of Development and the Director of Special Events on all Foundation special events including the annual Spring Gala and annual Health Fair and 5k Walk/Run. The manager will also serve as liaison to third parties who are interested in hosting a beneficiary campaign or event for the Foundation.
1. Assist Director of Special Events in coordinating all aspects of the Foundation’s special events including but not limited to managing timelines, guest lists and coordinating marketing content as well as creating progress reports for each event.
2. Manage all aspects of volunteer coordination, including but not limited to, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement.
3. Assist Director of Special Events in working with the DC Government, surrounding neighborhoods and local businesses to ensure appropriate permitting and support for the Health Fair and 5k event.
4. Coordinate with outside 5k race contractor on route selection and logistics.
5. Manage the gala silent auction, including soliciting items, maintaining the master list, creating write ups, uploading items on the silent auction website and printing the silent auction catalogue and day of materials.
6. Serve as liaison to third parties interested in hosting a beneficiary campaign/event.
7. Create and maintain content on third party event microsites to ensure accurate information is reflected.
8. Support the organizers of the Sarah Howard Memorial Golf Tournament tracking registrations, providing weekly updates and donor acknowledgments.
o Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
o Minimum of 5 years of experience in event management.
o Word, Excel, Outlook required, CRM software (Raiser’s Edge) preferred.
o Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy; excellent oral and written communication.
o Possess the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and problem solve quickly in a deadline driven environment.
o Experience working on large-scale events.
o Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to work well with staff, volunteers and other internal departments.
Conveniently located near the King Street Metro Stop, the Prevent Cancer Foundation offers a generous benefits package that includes healthcare, 401(k) participation, paid vacation, sick leave and federal holidays.
Minimum Education Required