COMPASS Program Site Director and SONYC Program Site Director
Full-time and Part-time
- Hire, screen, train and supervise after school program staff, including but not limited to DOE personnel, college/high school students and volunteers.
- Ensure that all Commonpoint Queens personnel files are current, including but not limited to fingerprints, current medicals, state clearance forms and credentials or licenses.
- Observe and communicate with staff to provide consistent, ongoing supervision and guidance to ensure that staff upholds the policies set forth by Commonpoint Queens, the Department of Health (DOH) and the Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD).
- Conduct ongoing (at least monthly) professional staff development, scheduling site-based trainings as well as staff meetings, with agendas and attendance sheets.
- Collaborate with school Principal and day school staff, including but not limited to teachers, members of the school-based support team, school nurse, custodial staff, kitchen staff, school leadership team and PTA.
- Develop innovative program in alignment to support school day learning, as well as provide enhancements and enrichment components to support all students as individuals. Program should include academic assistance and age-appropriate recreational and social activities.
- Coordinate evening and weekend parent engagement programs as needed, as well as outreach to community partners. Plan and implement community events.
- Establish community service opportunities for youth to enhance community awareness.
- Provide students and their families with feedback regarding their development in the program and help them to receive appropriate academic, emotional and social resources.
- Complete and track required training hours for self and staff as outlined under DOH guidelines.
- Attend agency “Youth Staff” meetings, and other agency meetings, including but not limited to Program Director’s meetings, safety meetings, CPR/First Aid trainings, Dignity of Children trainings etc...
- Attend and participate in the planning of at least 2 agency community events (example: Youth showcase, Fall festival, Winter festival and Spring Festival)
- Monitor expenditures (personnel, supplies, OTPS, petty cash) to stay within budget set forth by the Senior Directors, AVP, Contracts Manager and Chief Program Officer. Obtain Supervisory approval before making program purchases.
- Working with the education coordinator, perform long range strategic planning to develop new and innovative programs to maintain flexibility with changing funding streams and guidelines.
- Form connections with other Youth Directors within the agency to gather support and information.
- Coordinate Summer Camp component, including but not limited to staff hiring, orientation, program development, scheduling, parent contact, staff evaluation and maintaining DOH compliance.
- Report directly to the Senior Directors of Youth Education Services.
- Take on other assignments as per the changing needs of Commonpoint Queens.
Qualifications: Applicant must possess a relevant Bachelor’s Degree and have at least three years of successful supervisory experience providing services to elementary and/or middle school students