Details: $26.43 an hour
Children's Council of San Francisco
445 Church Street
Child Care Resource and Referral is the entry point for many families into Children’s Council’s services. CCR&R III Family Support Navigators provide proactive coaching to high-need families through all aspects of their child care search process; helping them remove barriers to accessing quality child care that meets their needs. Navigators meet families where they are, flexibly responding to their needs in a way that build on their strengths. They build community relationships and share child care information with families, child care educators and community partners. Successful navigators have a passion for providing families concrete support in times of need and increasing parent knowledge, skills and resiliency, as well as a commitment to collaboration and coordination to meet families’ needs. Navigators support all Children’s Council departments by connecting families to our other programmatic offerings and providing superior customer service. This position reports to the Family Support Manager.
· In addition, Navigators help high-need families through:
- Working one-one-one with families to provide education on choosing quality child care, child care referrals, assistance applying for subsidies, and being responsive to families through follow-up support
- Proactive coaching, including short- and long-term goal-setting and helping families remove barriers to
- Family advocacy, including proactive outreach to child care programs on behalf of families.
- Case management and support, including connecting families to additional services through “warm-handoffs” at Children’s Council and in the community.
· Build and maintain professional connections with relevant community partners.
· Participate as back-up to the CCR&R rotation schedule to assist families with their child care search process; back-up support to front desk, as needed.
· Share best practices to help peers effectively support individual families.
Knowledge Management and Learning
· Track family outcomes, produce summary reports and regularly reflect on ways to improve services.
· Share knowledge and assist and learn from peers across the organization to deepen understanding of our services.
Education and Outreach to Families
· Provide back-up support to CCR&R Education and Outreach Specialists:
- Educate groups of parents and stakeholders about child care resource and referral support.
- Represent Children’s Council at community outreach events.
Additional duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in child development, social work, counseling, or related field (will accept an AA with 5 years relevant work experience).
· Strong knowledge of child development or child care.
· Three years of professional work experience in early childhood education or family services.
· Ability to demonstrate empathetic listening skills and desire to deepen family support skills, knowledge and resilience.
· Ability to be responsive and provide support to high case load of diverse families.
· Commitment to collaboration and coordination across teams and with external stakeholders to meet the needs of families.
· Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
· Ability to summarize data/case notes and share reflections with others to improve programming.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Bilingual in both written and spoken English/Cantonese or English/Spanish.
· Mental acuity to perform the essential functions of this position in an accurate and timely fashion; and the ability to support families experiencing trauma.
· Ability to sit for extended periods, work at a desk, and/or use a phone for extended amounts of time.
· Ability to speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal conversations and over the telephone.
· The ability to climb up to four flights of stairs, if needed.
· Manual dexterity to use a telephone, computer or any other office equipment.
· Physical agility to bend, stoop, walk, and reach overhead.
22 days of PTO per year, 13 paid holidays and full benefit coverage for the employee.
Level of Language Proficiency
Candidate must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking Cantonese.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put CCR&R III in the subject line.
Children’s Council is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving the San Francisco community. We encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. Individuals seeking employment at Children’s Council are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.