1104 West 36th Street
Part-time, 25 hour/week position in a community-based organization that offers a variety of programs and services to area residents. Serves as the first point-of-contact for all clients, visitors and After-School and Summer Enrichment Program parents. Represents the Center with a welcoming reception and facilitates efficient flow of people and information. Supervises public computer usage.
Duties may be amended at the Executive Director’s discretion.
- Screen Center telephones, channeling calls to the appropriate person.
- Direct all visitors to the right department, or to the programs and resources they are seeking. Provide referral to partner organizations as necessary.
- Facilitate After-School and Summer Enrichment Program afternoon pick-ups, ensuring that only authorized parents/guardians pick-up students.
- Oversee evening program reception; close building after last program has ended.
- Monitor public computer usage during designated times.
- Provide fax and copy services to community; serve as liaison with service providers receiving documents.
- Schedule appointments and provide all preliminary information for Seedco EarnBenefits and Energy Assistance clients.
- Work with Executive Director to trouble-shoot facility and operational issues.
- Provide support during events.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft and Outlook programs; ability to troubleshoot basic IT issues
- Ability to constructively interact with the diverse population that the Center serves
- Flexibility to efficiently transition between tasks and departments as necessary
- Background check is required.
- Work is primarily performed at the Center, and occasionally at other community locations.
- Ability to travel independently to off-site locations.
- Weekend and evening work may be required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please provide resume and cover letter.